D&D 5E Christopher Perkins Talks About The Return of Vecna, Venger, & More D&D Villains

Venger, Kelek, Warduke, and the Red Wizards are all coming soon!

Perkins reiterates that League of Malevolence villains Venger, Kelek, and Warduke will be appearing. He doesn't confirm that Venger is a Red Wizard of Thay, but does confirm that the Red Wizard storyline is coming in 2025.

The big Vecna adventure, with Amanda Hamon as lead developer, is lined up for 2024, and is Vecna's 'scary comeback' and goes to many worlds.

aco175

Legend
How about an adventure that starts at level 8-10? That would be an actual impressive decision.
I could see them starting at a tier like level 5 or 11 for a more powerful campaign. I would also like to have a lead in adventure to get to that level though. Something cool might be only loosely tied to the next adventure, but something like if the PCs were around doing the hero thing and then the Hand of Vecna was stolen from the temple down the street that was giving them potions. It could just be to create a hook.

I don’t do well on nostalgia for such things, so all I hope is that they make something awesome that helps me to care as if these are new characters.

How about an adventure that starts at level 8-10? That would be an actual impressive decision.
I've speculated that the Vecna adventure might start around 10 - 11, so it can be run as a sequel to all those other adventures with the obelisks, and because a world hopping Vecna adventure sounds like it could be Tier 3 and 4.

cranberry

Adventurer
I'm looking forward to see what they do with Venger!

(I wonder if they'll somehow work in the Dungeon Master, since he's Venger's father)

Re: the 2025 Red Wizards adventure, Perkins says, "It's exciting because the Red Wizards are exciting, but it's also exciting because, 'Oh, what is—what can we do that's fun with the Forgotten Realms and prepare you for that adventure?'"

Surely he's hinting at a setting guide here?
I mean, if the "We're revisiting a setting for a guide in 2024" statement from a while back is still true, then that remains a good possibility.

Remove ads

Remove ads