• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Heroes/City of Villains - Who's still playing?

WizarDru

Adventurer
Ghostwind said:
Okay, here's a question for you pros. Every time I log in, I have the following message pop up in the chat box in green: "You have 1 unclaimed respecs."

What the heck is this?

To explain a little more: everyone got a free respec with Issue 7. The reason is that some of the changes to some power sets are drastic enough you may feel your character is too gimped or affected to continue.

A respec allows you to change your character choices...but it does not allow you to change powersets or archetypes. Essentially, you are reset to 1st level...then you pick all your powers and then you apply all your slots. Then you can put your enhancements back in your new power assignments or auto-sell the ones you can't or won't use. There are also some missions you can take with will earn you a respec.

So, for example, if you built a 22nd level character who is exhausted all the time, maybe you need to respec to take the Fitness powerset to get Stamina, one of the most common secondary powers.

Respecs don't disappear, but also don't stack. If you're only 10th level, I would keep it for a while...unless you really fell gimped. They don't expire.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Stamina is a Power Pool, not a Secondary Pool.

Respec TF/SF's are for lvl's 24, 34, and 44. And nearly each new Issue brings a new free respec (sometimes 2!)

Bobitron

Explorer
Do I play? DO I PLAY!?! Heck yeah I do. I'm on just about every day.

Here's my current characters, all on Justice.

Evangaline Level 31 Empathy/Sonic Defender
Invincible Monk Level 26 Energy Melee/Energy Armor Brute
Lady Adamantium Level 26 Invulnerable/Super Strength Tank
Amelie Crey Level 21 Robots/Force Field Mastermind
Maya the Eternal Level 21 Katana/Dark Scrapper
Sir Liam Gearsley Level 10 Energy/Energy Blaster
Double-Tap Level 5 Pistols/Dark Petless MM

I love this game. It's an obsession. Send me a tell @Bobitron and I'll be happy to play with you all.

Neo

Explorer
Bobitron said:
Double-Tap Level 5 Pistols/Dark Petless MM

I love this game. It's an obsession. Send me a tell @Bobitron and I'll be happy to play with you all.

Pistols? we dont get no pistols :( Assault Rifles, Katana, Broadsword, Axe, Mace even and on CoV we get a pulse assault rifle but not pistols ..sob

I play than on the European UK servers Union and Defiant any euopean EN worlders want to team up I have a mass of level 11-12 characters and one at 24. Just send some in game COH mail to @Technix.

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Neo said:
Pistols? we dont get no pistols :( Assault Rifles, Katana, Broadsword, Axe, Mace even and on CoV we get a pulse assault rifle but not pistols ..sob

He's a Thugs MM. It just came with I7. I just call him pistols because it's a concept build without pets. I choose only the non-summoning powers from my main.

We should really get this thread rocking. Plan some events and such. Maybe start up a new SG? I'd vote for Justice, but I'm willing to start a new toon wherever if needed. We could do some all ENWorld Task Forces or something.

Neo

Explorer
Bobitron said:
He's a Thugs MM. It just came with I7. I just call him pistols because it's a concept build without pets. I choose only the non-summoning powers from my main.

We should really get this thread rocking. Plan some events and such. Maybe start up a new SG? I'd vote for Justice, but I'm willing to start a new toon wherever if needed. We could do some all ENWorld Task Forces or something.

I saw my first dual pistol wielding Thug MM yesterday was cool..had to resist the urge to go make a lara croft rip off lol...

spend most of my time on heroes, villains is good but far too much lag in comparison for my liking even on my pc and with an 8mb connection it can be like wading through mud.

Be nice to see some things up and running via the EN community...and anything that gives me an excuse to do something other than another Frostfire mission its all good in my books lol

WizarDru

Adventurer
Neo said:
I saw my first dual pistol wielding Thug MM yesterday was cool..had to resist the urge to go make a lara croft rip off lol...

spend most of my time on heroes, villains is good but far too much lag in comparison for my liking even on my pc and with an 8mb connection it can be like wading through mud.

My group and I haven't noticed any appreciable lag difference from CoH/CoV (since they're the same servers)...but CoV does require a lot more from your hardware. the architecture is more complex and the object density is considerably higher (and many of the newer powers have higher particle counts). I don't think you're having a bandwidth problem as much as it's likely that your hardware is feeling it's age.

Scorch

Explorer
WizarDru said:
My group and I haven't noticed any appreciable lag difference from CoH/CoV (since they're the same servers)...but CoV does require a lot more from your hardware. the architecture is more complex and the object density is considerably higher (and many of the newer powers have higher particle counts). I don't think you're having a bandwidth problem as much as it's likely that your hardware is feeling it's age.

I second that. I have noticed a lot of herky-jerkiness when I am jumping around some sections of town that have a lot of architecture. This goes away as I turn my world detail slide bar down under graphics options. This affects the draw distance of the world and is especially noticable outdoors.

Scorch

Neo

Explorer
WizarDru said:

My Pc is waaaaaaaaaay... beyond the recommended specs let alone the required and Im on an 8mb connection yet CoV is substantially more laggy for me than CoH and it echoes the same experiences Ive heard from many of those I usually play with so there must be something going on Dru as it sure aint my hardware :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads