• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of the Spider Queen (ooc)

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Well...I may be wrong.
It sems that I saw an errata somewhere...

However, Savage Species states 1/2 Celestial /Fiend is +4...

Er...Mr. DM!?!

Rino

First Post
I mailed my char, but i looked at my notes and the con must be 16 instead of 14 that means he had 7 additional HP and +1 fort.

Wilphe

Adventurer
kuroshidaku said:
Got your char Wilphe, seems good :)

Couple of q's:

Feat- Drow eyes- i'm assuming this is darkvision or something, is this right? sorry i don't have races of faerun :(

Eq- Quiver of mielikki- i'm assuming this is a rename of the one in the DMG? if so, that's cool.

Character/story seem good after a quick scan :D

Drow Eyes - Ordinarily Half-Drow have 60 foot darkvision, the feat doubles that to 120 feet the same as full Drow?

Is there a ruling on wheather he will suffer he will suffer a day-light penality, because all I can find is what I sent in the email...

Quiver, its exactly the same but rebranded for a different target market. The Focus Groups indicated that Elhonna had low name recognition on Toril.

Oh yes, and I have given him one too many feets and forgot skills from two levels of Bard.

Will correct and stick in the Rouges Gallery along with his languages.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Skill Focus: Use Magic Device is probably looking like a good idea, considering that Gais'forth will be the sole source of arcane firepower.

kuroshidaku

First Post
Rino, Uriel, i don't have sav species, so i'm gonna say +3wings/+2without. If one of you guys has ss and i'm wrong, please tell me :) . Otherwise we'll stick with that.

Wilphe, I'f you're getting extended darkvision it probably means you're spending a lot of time in the dark- caves, dungeons etc, and not much in sunlight. However, you still have you're human heritage, which is better adapted at changing light than the drow. I'm gonna say that you get 1/2 the penalties of drow in sunlight. Not having the FRCS with me at the moment :rolleyes: i can't say if this will work or not. I think it's something like -2 to attacks/saves etc, so just make it -1. Don't worry about counteracting feats. They'd be contradictory- you spend enough time in the dark to improve your darkvision, so you can't spend enough time in the light to remove the penalties. Sorry, but its either-or :) . If this is a problem, please tell, but seriously you're not gonna be up on the surface anyway, so don't worry.

kuroshidaku

First Post
Wilphe, sorry, you'd think i'd look in CotSQ if i wanted to know drow traits :rolleyes: . ok, says here it's 1 round blindness and -1 to rolls. these can't be halved so let's see. You're human heritage lets you adapt to bright light quicker (no blindness), but you are still distracted by it because of you're time in darkness/dungeon delving/undedark etc. Tell be if this doesn't work and i'll think of something else :D

Wilphe

Adventurer
if I understand you right:

By default: 60ft darkvision and -1 in bright light (but no blindness)

I can either say he's spent a lot of time underground and spend a feat to get 120ft darkvision and still get the penalty,
or I can remove the penalty for bright light by the relevent feet.

What I can't do is do both.

On the whole I'd rather offset the Daylight Penalty, both for practical and RP reasons. As he was brought up on the surface he is inherently more likely to be daylight adapted and from a practical point of view, he has items and spells that give out bright light which he doesn't want to be affected by (especially of other people start doing the same thing) and 60ft darkvison is still useful.

Remove ads