• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cityscape - WOW what great art!

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Good to see them hewing closer to traditional fantasy.

I'm confused.

There's tatoos, armor spikes, mecha, peicemeal-mail....the more "traditional" pieces I see are presenting random various mundane townsfolk, which makes sense (adventurers = stylish underwear perverts who wear gaudy colors and logos and rediculous costumes; NPCs = Dirt farmes).

How is this "more traditional than usual" for WotC?

DragonLancer

Adventurer
mattcolville said:
Wow, that is some nice art. A+ Good to see them hewing closer to traditional fantasy.

Maybe its just me then, but I was dissapointed that it was still the awful dungeonpunk style. Give me realistic looking artwork for cities and things.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
cignus_pfaccari said:
I can't say I'll get any use out of Cityscape, but I did notice that the art was particularly good this time.

Brad

I have to agree - great artwork but the content left me wondering why I'd bought the book. Really disappointed :(

mattcolville

Adventurer
Kamikaze Midget said:
I'm confused.

There's tatoos, armor spikes, mecha, peicemeal-mail....the more "traditional" pieces I see are presenting random various mundane townsfolk, which makes sense (adventurers = stylish underwear perverts who wear gaudy colors and logos and rediculous costumes; NPCs = Dirt farmes).

How is this "more traditional than usual" for WotC?

I look at this piece

101095.jpg

And I don't see anything remotely anime, nothing dungeonpunky. It's a traditionally proportioned, traditionally colored western fantasy piece.

This makes me happy.

Remove ads