Class Acts: Warlock

Turtlejay

First Post
I stop paying attention for a few days and these are no longer General Forum appropriate? Having read the article, I was looking to comment. I guess this post will suffice, though my threads usually have such a short shelf life:

Kind of odd to me, an article tailored to the Infernal Pact, and filled with powers fitting to . . .other pacts.

The self damaging stuff to retain a power is like Sacrifice to Caiphon built into a power.

The couple powers that damage allies would be fine for a Dark Pact PC, but not me, or any ally of mine.

The Psychic damage is kind of a weird theme, though I do get how it fits into the fluff of the article.

Overall, the powers are good, but nothing that fits into any of the themes I'd chose, were I to build an Infernal Warlock. Hellsworn Blessing in particular seems *very* good to me, especially since it doesn't seem to restrict that additional 2d8 damage to once an encounter, meaning your properly built multiattacker could get quite a bit of mileage out of it. Off of the top of my head, Twin Strike now is down for a potential 2d12+2d8+1d8+modifiers, at level 5. Which is cool. Come and Get It even cooler.

Jay

jester_gl

First Post
I know the first thing I noticed was the paragon feat that let you teleport the target 3 square per d6 of your curse instead of doing said damage. This is really useful and under the right condition (not inside a dungeon, not a flying creature and without high acrobatic) can lead to even higher damage.

At 11th level, thats a 6 square teleportation...straight up. 30 feet of falling damage means 3d10.

I know Wizard said they would do something about vertical teleportation in the future (something along the line of forced movement), but for now it's open game for every one. Just something DM everywhere might want to be aware of.

Obryn

Hero
Yep, that's one of the many reasons I've houseruled it to follow rules similar to other forced movement. If the teleported target succeeds on a save, they are moved as far as they can be before entering hazardous terrain, and then dazed.

-O

Turtlejay

First Post
Yeah. . .I don't get this derailing, since the subject of forced teleportation in the vertical plane has been covered, and is a clear rules abuse. This one feat introduces nothing new in that arena. It is handy for you if your party likes to do a lot of tactical movement or throw down persistent damaging zones. Keeping baddies where you want them is worth a little extra damage now, for a lot of extra damage later.

Jay

Remove ads