• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Class Compendium Official Announcement

Bard seems the most reasonable actually...

so much to:
- rituals are dead
- martial healing is dead
etc...

How fortunate that Wotc does not believe in those rumors...

There is more, but here is a line from the brief release information:

...Class Compendium: Heroes of Sword and Spell. This product compiles information and important rules updates for the original Player’s Handbook versions of the Cleric, Fighter, Rogue, Warlord, and Wizard.

So wait, this is 4.75? So soon after Essentials 4.5!
I'm going to rant about this somewhere on the internet!

Klaus

First Post
With so many pages for each class, maybe we'll see some stuff from the "Power" books, too?

As for another fifth class, I'd also bet on the bard.

SabreCat

First Post
So, the real question is, will the Class Compendiums make the HotFL/K books unneccesary? HotFL is only 2/3 classes, with the other third giving enough of the rules and additional stuff (equipment, skills, etc.) that a new player could use it as a single source. I suspect that the Class Compendiums will be purely class.
There's also the fact that the Class Compendium will update and reprint the original PHB builds. If you want Slayers, Warpriests, etc, you'll need the Hot books.

It seems there will likely be several different configurations you can use to get the full game. HotFX + Rules Compendium + Monster Vault. HotFX + DM's Kit. Class Compendium + DM's Kit + ...hmm, some sort of equipment book, I suppose. We don't have the superior weapons and whatnot yet in Essentials format.

drothgery

First Post
The HoFK sentinel druid is a leader (HoFL pg.32). Despite that, I'd like to see the bard, too.

Yes, but the PH2 druid is a controller, and that's what would be in a second Class Compendium book, if I correctly understand what's going in these things. And since it would contain the PH1 Ranger, it would have the striker version.

Scribble

First Post
When some of us said that the PHB was going to be replaced a few months back, oh the insults, mockery, and, well, general disagreement that followed.

But I am sure that everyone out there will apologize.

Well- it's a little early to say you were right isn't it?

We have no idea if this means:

1. There will not be any further PHBs printed in favor of this book.

2. The information in this book changes the characters so that fundamentally they are different from the original PHB incarnation and the original source can no longer be used.

If only the first is true, I'm not sure what the difference would be... I mean sure it's being sold in a new format, but if either format works with the game who cares?

I mean if I mkae a fighter with Daily powers from the origginal PHB, or from the new compendium, and you can't tell them apart... what difference does it make?

(More then likely it would be made in the CB anyway...)

Remove ads