D&D 5E Class guides?

Playing a (Variant) Human Barbarian (Elk Totem, eventually [hopefully!])with Shield Master as we speak. It's been ridiculously effective since we first stepped in to the Death House. Famous last words??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like that a character in 5e can be described with those few words and we know what you are speaking of.

Salamandyr

Adventurer
Honestly, I don't know how one would go about making a guide based on cool factor, since cool is such a subjective perception.

I think swords are really cool. Others think axes are cool. Some poor benighted souls think double bladed suicide swords are cool.

Some people think having a spell for every occasion is cool. Other people think that calling on otherworldly eldritch powers to aid them at the peril of their very soul is cool.

I can talk about how, as a cat person, the saber tooth tiger is an awesome wild shape to turn into (and lamenting how much more powerful the bear form is), but to a bear guy, the bear form both way cooler, and mechanically more effective.

None of these people are wrong (except the double sword guy), but it would be hard to make a guide for all of them.

Ahglock

First Post
I don't disagree with that. Cool is very subjective. I am trying to put together a guide though that still looks at it through a lens of at least my cool. The way I look at it unless you build to fail you will do fine so why focus on the optimal damage/defensive build. If that's your fun/cool there are plenty of guides for you. If not then maybe what I'm looking to build is.

Remove ads