Classic D&D of All Eras Back In Print

Print on Deman Anyone else notice that WotC snuck a few titles up as Print-On-Demand at DMs Guild? (I purchased three of them, both to support the initiative but also cos I cant help collecting hard copies of D&D material :) )

Print on Deman

Anyone else notice that WotC snuck a few titles up as Print-On-Demand at DMs Guild?

(I purchased three of them, both to support the initiative but also cos I cant help collecting hard copies of D&D material :) )

Big Mac

Explorer
PoD books cannot have pullout maps.

-MMM

I honestly think that the only way to deal with maps is to find a PoD supplier (other than Lighting Source) that can ship Print on Demand posters and give people a separate "Buy the map" button.

The same applies to the other funky weirdness that TSR put into boxed sets. I don't think it is economical for DriveThru RPG to print one set of cards, one book and one poster and have them sent to a distribution centre, where a worker has to track all of them down and pack them into a Print on Demand box.

But if end customers really want to assemble products at their own end, they could pay to have several items shipped to them separately.

I personally think I can live with almost everything being squished down into a single hardback or softback book.

The one thing I would like to see sold separately is the poster maps. With separate poster maps, customers would have the ability to buy a larger map that was easier to read.

And I know that some "collectors" like cloth maps. If there was a company that sold those, it wouldn't be too hard to add an alternative option for people to buy posters.

A little bit of trivia for those interested. Today is the day we launched the original DnDClassics site and started re-releasing classic D&D books in PDF format back in 2013.

Of course we have since folded the DnDClassics site and catalog into DMsGuild and DriveThruRPG, and we're continuing to release classic D&D books into PDF and PoD formats...but I thought it was worth noting that we started this wild ride 4 years ago today.

-MMM

Parmandur

Book-Friend
A little bit of trivia for those interested. Today is the day we launched the original DnDClassics site and started re-releasing classic D&D books in PDF format back in 2013.

Of course we have since folded the DnDClassics site and catalog into DMsGuild and DriveThruRPG, and we're continuing to release classic D&D books into PDF and PoD formats...but I thought it was worth noting that we started this wild ride 4 years ago today.

-MMM

Huzzah!

-MMM
And a merry celebration of your store's annual day of establishment!

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads