Classic D&D of All Eras Back In Print

Print on Deman Anyone else notice that WotC snuck a few titles up as Print-On-Demand at DMs Guild? (I purchased three of them, both to support the initiative but also cos I cant help collecting hard copies of D&D material :) )

Print on Deman

Anyone else notice that WotC snuck a few titles up as Print-On-Demand at DMs Guild?

(I purchased three of them, both to support the initiative but also cos I cant help collecting hard copies of D&D material :) )

Igwilly

First Post
Matt, if you don't mind me asking, how soon do you think it will be before you run out of back-catalogue material to release? There can only be somewhere around 300 releasable D&D items left unreleased, and dozens of those are various character sheets or screens. At the current rate, it seems as if the new PDF releases will start drying up in early 2018.
I think there's still a lot of setting material and adventures to be released.
Plus, I've been waiting for quite some time the book PHBR14 The Complete Barbarian's Handbook; still unreleased, it will be very important to my campaign.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I think there's still a lot of setting material and adventures to be released.
Yes, but only around 300. Less than 40 missing products for each of BECMI, 1st Edition and 3rd Edition. A dozen or so SAGA products, half a dozen 4th Edition releases and some 180 2nd Edition titles. And I'm counting several variations of screens and characters sheet there, which might never get released. With the possible exception of Dragonlance, the majority of the material for every major D&D setting that WotC still owns is already available.

Igwilly

First Post
Yes, but only around 300. Less than 40 missing products for each of BECMI, 1st Edition and 3rd Edition. A dozen or so SAGA products, half a dozen 4th Edition releases and some 180 2nd Edition titles. And I'm counting several variations of screens and characters sheet there, which might never get released. With the possible exception of Dragonlance, the majority of the material for every major D&D setting that WotC still owns is already available.
I understand that. I also understand that other editions need attention too.
However, if someone from WotC is reading here: I still need the Barbarian's Handbook. With time travel, this is a necessity.
But the amount of setting material is gorgeous, already; it's just that more of them is a bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:

PyroArrow

Explorer
For anyone that bought the 3 recent P.O.D., 1st edition Premium Core Books, did they fix the OCR scanning errors introduced in the original print run ?!?!

darjr

I crit!
That would be up to Kobold Press, who have a storefront on DrivethruRPG here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/2189/Kobold-Press

DMsGuild is Wizard's custom storefront on DrivethruRPG.

Final note: I Am Not A Lawyer.

Actually no. That product uses WotC IP. It's the whole reason it's on the DMSGuild. It's an extension to Hoard of the Dragon Queen. They cannot put it on drivethru but only the DMSGuild.

Further, from what I understand, Kobold can't decide to POD it on DMSGuild either. If I'm mistaken about that I'd love to know.

Actually no. That product uses WotC IP. It's the whole reason it's on the DMSGuild. It's an extension to Hoard of the Dragon Queen. They cannot put it on drivethru but only the DMSGuild.

Further, from what I understand, Kobold can't decide to POD it on DMSGuild either. If I'm mistaken about that I'd love to know.
My mistake, thank you. :)

Unfortunately, I do not know any useful further information on this topic. To speculate only, and to be taken with the usual large dose of common table salt, it may be some legal or accounting snarl that needs straightening, or possibly worry over competition from third-party products.

darjr

I crit!
My mistake, thank you. :)

Unfortunately, I do not know any useful further information on this topic. To speculate only, and to be taken with the usual large dose of common table salt, it may be some legal or accounting snarl that needs straightening, or possibly worry over competition from third-party products.

Could be, could be. Just stating that I'd like to see it be a thing.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I can buy two Pathfinder PDF books for the price of one D&D 3.5e PDF book, it's no wonder why their books are pirated, and available on various websites for free.
Because heaven forbid the folks who made a product get paid...? Supply and demand, if the market will bear a higher price for 3.x over PF, it will bear it; if it wouldn't, they likely would have changed by now...

Sent from my BLU LIFE XL using EN World mobile app

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads