• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cleric Domain conversion and creation

Dark Sun Gnome

First Post
Hi everyone. I'm currently converting several cleric domains from 3.5 to 5e, and I need some advice on how to go about this and end up with nice, bounded domains. Is there something to make sure everything is nicely bounded? If not, anybody have any useful advice?

Vileo Sufora

First Post
Ah, I understand. I haven't come across anything like that for classes yet, though I have seen the one for races before. Honestly, if something like that doesn't exist yet, the best option might just be to "playtest" some scenarios. What I mean by that is just set up a little quick encounter and roll the dice yourself to see how balanced it is. Granted, that's very time consuming for large numbers of domains, but still. I hope someone else can be a little more helpful to you. c:

Dark Sun Gnome

First Post
Thanks. I think the guy that did the stuff for races was going to do something for everything else. Its part of my Dark Sun conversion, and the domains that were in the DS3, which had highly evocative names, and some really nasty and brutal spells.

Ive done conversion of the spells in the PHB and EE to suit Dark Sun (The Gray and The Black instead of the Astral, spell components, school switches), this is a logical continuation of that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads