Cleric Domains in AL

Tullowit

First Post
The PHB seems to indicate that nearly every Good deity can lay claim to the Life domain. Is this so for AL, or must Life only be selected with a deity that explicitly lists life in a source book?

Thanks in advance.

NeverLucky

First Post
In AL, clerics must select a domain from their deity's list, or the Life domain. Life domain is open to everyone (which is important for deities that don't have listed domains, or whose only domain is Death which is not available to most players).

The ALPG is sadly not as clear as it can be in this regard, but previous admin comments makes it clear that this is the intention.

Tullowit

First Post
Thank you! I was hoping this was the case. I was desiring to make a Dwarven cleric of Moradin, and I prefer the Life domain over Knowledge.

warfteiner

First Post
[MENTION=6809614]NeverLucky[/MENTION] - I'll add this to my seasonal "review of the Guides" notes, thanks.

The inclusion of the life domain for all clerics was a conscious choice as well as a mechanical one. Even the darkest deities grant the ability to heal their followers. :)

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
Another reason to allow a global Life domain option: the Life domain is the only domain detailed in the Player's Basic Rules. As such, a player who hasn't (yet) spent any money on the game can still make an AL-legal cleric of any deity.

--
Pauper

Remove ads