• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Clerics of Life: Broken, Bad Design, or Working as Intended?

Sacrosanct

Legend
Should they start a new thread on the topic so people can complain they are discussing something that already has a thread?
yes. Because when you necromancy old thread and reply to someone, they might not even be active on the board any longer. or certainly not following the thread anymore.

But hey, if this means that we’ll never have a new warlord thread but restrict people to posting on existing ones, I’m all for it

I think the life domain is working as intended. It has alot of the nice healing spell automatically prepared freeing up picks. It has a little bonus to healing and the CD is a nice oh crap button. Life transference + blessed healer is a fun combo and with H armor you can be in the fray.

I think the real focus of the life cleric is they can heal more each time potentially freeing up actions.

The grave cleric can do the same thing if you don't mind gambling a little

Merudo

Explorer
Is this true? From my experience, at least, Clerics of Life are definitely worth more CR than your average damage-sponging murderhobo. I ran a "deadly" encounter for a balanced eight-man 5th-level party including a Cleric of Life, and it ended with everyone on their feet.

That's your problem right there. Life Clerics shine the most in large parties, where they can fully take advantage of Disciple of Life + Mass Healing Word (6*5=30 bonus hp), and for Preserve Life to bring multiple folks up from 0HP.

In your average four-man party, Life Cleric is mediocre.

Remove ads