Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Sorry, my internet was knocked out (Cable) along with my TV in a storm yesterday. Back to normal,and it looks as if ENWorld might actually be letting folks post :D .

IC: Froud motions for Forge to help him, and sets about trying to get Yara out safely and to a Doctor.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Froud frowns, then high-tails it outof there with the hammer.
Before, he says See, Forge, everything worked out, we are Adventurous heroes.

Seonaid

Explorer
At Froud's statement, Miriah looks a little uncertain, as if being an "adventurous hero" wasn't quite what she expected. After they leave, she follows a pace behind Froud, hoping he knows where to go next.

loxmyth

First Post
~ The Undercity
Froud lead Miriah down large stone stairs that descended into the Undercity, where the subterranean denizens of Arcosia spent much of their lives. Again, Miriah had to quickly adjust to the clausterphobic atmosphere and the encroaching dimness that was only held back by the row of low-burning torches that lined the underground walkways. Plenty of dwarven citizens were out an about, bustling along on errands or standing about to chat idly, small children playing marbles or hopskip nearby.

The pair followed a wide lime-coloured road to its terminus, where a building immaculately carved from the very cavernous walls of the Undercity loomed over them, flanked by gargoyle-like statues at each end. The sign over the large marble doors proudly read 'Gemcutter Inn', in Common and Dwarven both.

~ Grundles
Shoving it so that was situated between Yara and the rest of the patrons, Forge moved to sit carefully on a nearby stool, his aching body complaining as he did so. He winced at the thought of how much the healer would charge him; he was probably in just slightly better shape than the young human woman who lay unconscious behind him. If more of the Mountain's friends were to arrive, they'd both be done for.

Thankfully, that wasn't to be. Presently two constables marched in, respendent in their polished bronze breastplates and crimson-plumed helmets. "Wot's this then?" demanded one, a muscular dwarf with runic tattoos running along his arms. He surveyed the grim scene, and unerringly picked out Forge as the one he should deal with. "Well then? Speak up quick if you've anything t'say." The other constable, a human with the compact, broad shouldered frame looked on warily, dark eyes examining the carnage silently.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Forge sat still while being examined by the constable Honored sir. A friend of mine was verbaly accosted by the one called "Mountain" over there. The mage points to the huge Dwarf. I was trying to defend her when he swung at her and then my other friends tried to stop him. I being a magus cast sleep and a few took a quick nap but the "Mountain" resisted my magics and kept attacking. Yara here, Forge waves a hand at Yara, Was hurt very badly and need a healer. I tried my best to prevent any bloodshed officer. truely I did and as you can see noone has died. No sir Not on my watch.

The dwarf sits proudly awaiting the inevitable meeting with his father who will disenherit him and strip him of his name and title. Froud... I'm gonna kill you for this. Lets be adventurers he said Idiot. see what adventuring does for you? Gets you in trouble with the millitia it does. He thinks to himself.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Turning to Miriah, Froud says 'Well, lass, what do you think we should do now?'

OoC: Were we suppossed to take the Hammer to the gemcutter's inn? It was quite awhile back...I could dig back, I suppose.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Argent Silvermage said:
Forge sat still while being examined by the constable Honored sir. A friend of mine was verbaly accosted by the one called "Mountain" over there. The mage points to the huge Dwarf. I was trying to defend her when he swung at her and then my other friends tried to stop him. I being a magus cast sleep and a few took a quick nap but the "Mountain" resisted my magics and kept attacking. Yara here, Forge waves a hand at Yara, Was hurt very badly and need a healer. I tried my best to prevent any bloodshed officer. truely I did and as you can see noone has died. No sir Not on my watch.

The dwarf sits proudly awaiting the inevitable meeting with his father who will disenherit him and strip him of his name and title. Froud... I'm gonna kill you for this. Lets be adventurers he said Idiot. see what adventuring does for you? Gets you in trouble with the millitia it does. He thinks to himself.

OoC:Argent, I can barely read your fonts these days...:|

loxmyth

First Post
~Gemcutter Inn, the Undercity
Recalling the events of the last evening, Froud makes his way into the inn, Miriah meekly following behind. The pair find themselves in an arched lobby, fancy large bas-reliefs showing off the skilled masonry of its builders. Enquiring at the desk, they are soon shown to the room of Pahl the dwarf.

He smiles cheerily when he spots Froud, his eyes lighting up at the sight of the hammer peeking out of the gnome's backpack. "Har, friend!" he calls merrily. "It seems you've upheld your end of the bargain after all! I mean no disrespect to your present company, but where is your dwarven companion?"

~

~Grundle's, Ravenscraig
The dwarven constable marched around the bar, huffily examining the fallen members of the dwarven gang. "Well, I'll be the judge of who's fine and who's not. And unless you're a guardsman or a soldier of the city, you have no watch. So don't you go trying to make yourself look better than you oughta!"

Remove ads