Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Please forgive me my bluster. I'm very concerned about the human here and my friends. they ran out and I'm not sure where they are or if they are hurt as well. You are right of course. Forge says obviously put back in his place.

Gnome... I'm gonna boil you in your own moter oils for getting me into this. Now I've had to lie to the city guard. Forge thinks to himself

Last edited:

loxmyth

First Post
~Gemcutter Inn, the Undercity
Krull shook his head dismissively at Miriah, tugging at his braided beard. "It was nothing. I know you intended no offence. It is just hard for me to hear of our heirloom talked about in such an off-handed way. Yes, we are Stout, and our clan did fight in the war. We pair were much too young to partake in that war, but our fathers and brothers, uncles and cousins paid for their freedom from the orcs with their blood and bones." He pretty much spits out the word, "orcs".

Pahl raised a bushy brow in confusion at Froud's words. "This is quite strange," he mutters, clearly flabergasted. "Surely you have the authority to engage in the deal? For what other reason would you have come without your friend, bringing the hammer? Is this payment not satisfactory?"

~Grundle's, Ravenscraig
The dwarf exhaled deeply, nodding his head slightly in acknowledgement of Forge's apology. Surveying the scene once more, he turns to his fellow constable. "Call for the healers. Make sure there are at least five of them. They'll like as not be needed but it's best to be sure." The human nodded and ran out the door. Then the dwarf turned back to Forge. "Now, you are going to tell me everything that happened, and who your friends are. If I believe you are telling the truth, and I determine you haven't committed any crime, you'll be free to go. If not, I'll arrest you. Are we clear?"

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Quite clear sir. It all started last night when Froud and I went to follow my cousin <forget his name> into this establishment. He's nore than just a bit of a rogue and I wanted to meke sure he was not up to trouble. We were stopped by a couple of dwarves who stated that a another group of Dwarves had stollen thier sacred family Hammer. they pointed them out and told us that they could not even get close to taking it back. Forge said almost all in one breath. Froud and I are roommates at the academy and he's a gnome so I accept his inclinations if this was a set up or con as Gnomes are well versed in such things and he sais he believed them. We decided to see if we couldn't get the hammer back to it's original owners but during the conversation things went south as it were and the Tall one "Mountain" they call him went out the back door and was met by a group of Gnomes. They looked rather menacing and Froud and I decided to follow at a safe distance. The mage is fairly weeping with this story as true as it is. Eventualy we ran afoul of the murderer that was captured due to my sighting him and following him to his lair. Well We decided to come back tonight to see if we couldn't reason with the "Mountain" and see what was real and what was False about the hammer but he attacked my friend Miriah she's just a human and would have been killed had Froud and I not stepped in. Yara here was just helping out..

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
loxmyth said:

Pahl raised a bushy brow in confusion at Froud's words. "This is quite strange," he mutters, clearly flabergasted. "Surely you have the authority to engage in the deal? For what other reason would you have come without your friend, bringing the hammer? Is this payment not satisfactory?"

Froud smiles cordially 'Yes, I do have the autority,good Sir. However, I do believe that Forge was under the impression that the endeavor was going to net a far bigger return for our labour. No offense intended, my good fellow.Since Forge is the de facto Spokesman for the group (What could be keeping the ninny), I merely wanted to wait for him.'

loxmyth

First Post
~Gemcutter Inn, the Undericty
The two dwarves exchanged baffled glances, but Pahl was relatively quick to recover, addressing Froud with just a hint of desperation in his voice. "I see. And if we were to offer you half again as much in payment, would that be satisfactory? I'm sure this is difficult for you to understand, but we are quite anxious to have the hammer back in our possession. Surely this is more than fair, friend?"

~Grundle's Ravenscraig
Forge waited nervously against the bar as the dwarven constable took the time to speak to the other witnesses. It had already been a quarter of an hour, and healers from the House of Orma on Chandler's street had already come and taken Yara away. As much as the young dwarven wizard wanted to follow, the two constables made it clear that he'd end up in a jail cell faster than he could say 'lawbreaker'. So there was nothing left to do but pace, and overhear snatches of the conversation between the lawmen and Grundle's patrons. On the good side, no one seemed to dispute the facts as he had put them forth. On the bad side, quite a few were spoke poorly of him. If the constable was biased against him, all it would take a few of the wrong words.

Fortunately, none of those wrong words were spoken. The dwarven constable, that seemed to go by the name Matty, finally turned to him. "Okay, it looks like yer free to go. But with a warning. I don't want to see you disturbing the peace no more. And I'll be keeping an eye out fer you and yer friends. Pray to the Stonefather I don't find you up to no more mischief. Understood?"

OoC: Forge's cousin is named Travar Ironsong.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Stonefather strike me down if that is not the truth. Forge says and makes his way out of the building. He will wander toward the academy for a few blocks then make for the Inn where Froud is must likely scewerd to a wall by the Dwarves.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
loxmyth said:
~Gemcutter Inn, the Undericty
The two dwarves exchanged baffled glances, but Pahl was relatively quick to recover, addressing Froud with just a hint of desperation in his voice. "I see. And if we were to offer you half again as much in payment, would that be satisfactory? I'm sure this is difficult for you to understand, but we are quite anxious to have the hammer back in our possession. Surely this is more than fair, friend?"[/COLOR]

Smiling in a sympathetic manner, Froud explains 'Good Dwarves, it is a generous offer, to be sure, but alas, the defeat of The Mountain took a bit of expendature from our resources. In fact, Forge, who is a Wizard of no small skill, mind you, spent many hundreds in coin worth of scrolls just to recover your hammer. We shall have to wait upon him. I know that I , for one do not want an angry Wizard at my table, as no doubt neither do you fine Gentlemen.

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah raises her eyebrow at Froud's words, but does or says nothing to the contrary, since she doesn't really know the truth. She continues to look around the room, paying as little attention to the conversation as possible while still listening.

loxmyth

First Post
Miriah's eyes followed the straight-edge contours of the room. It was, as she was coming to discern, a typical of Dwarven architecture. The walls were hewn from great granite bricks, each taller than a man and covered with various carvings of animals and dwarves that protruded from them. Running a hand along a depiction of a battle between a dwarven general and his goblin foes, she could see that the stonework had been lovingly polished to a smooth surface. The room itself was a comfortable fifty feet to a side, and was furnished with a quilted couch, a small bed to one corner, an oaken wooden dresser of elvin make, and a sparkling quartz desk upon which rested ink and a box of stationery.

"Of course we do not wish to anger your friend," Pahl assured Froud. He affected a humble attitude, yet a prideful edge remained in his stance. "We don't wish to anger any of you, that's why we paid you as we agreed. Please, sit and make yourselves comfortable on the couch. Krull will go to fetch your friend from the pub." With a worried glance and a gesture, Pahl sent his companion out to look for Forge, and bid the others to rest for a while.

Luckily, they didn't have to wait long, as Krull met Forge on his way down. "Greetings, brother," he told the Enchanter. "I am glad that you are here. Your associates refused to deal with us until you, their de facto spokesman arrived," he elaborated. Krull then lead Forge back to the room in the Gemcutter.

The look of relief on Pahl's face was palpable as the two returned. "Thank the Stonefather you've returned. Your companion holds our offer of recompense, and I've offered half again as much on top of that. Eighteen gems, of reasonable quality. Do you approve?"

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Forge still huffing and puffing from the run to the Gemcutter Inn stands in front of Froud and Mirah and says Bear with me a moment Kinsman. He turns to froud and says, What are we negotiating here? Has anything changed from our original talk? Yara is well by the way.

Remove ads