Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Forge lifts an eyebrown at the constible. I beg your pardon? If I had not taken action this could have been much worse. I may be young but I have full awareness of my actions. I am Forge of House Ironsong. Son of Ringor Ironsong. I have no need to be treated ill by you cousin. Forge checks on Yara and trys to wake her.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
loxmyth said:
~Gemcutter Inn, the Undercity
Recalling the events of the last evening, Froud makes his way into the inn, Miriah meekly following behind. The pair find themselves in an arched lobby, fancy large bas-reliefs showing off the skilled masonry of its builders. Enquiring at the desk, they are soon shown to the room of Pahl the dwarf.

He smiles cheerily when he spots Froud, his eyes lighting up at the sight of the hammer peeking out of the gnome's backpack. "Har, friend!" he calls merrily. "It seems you've upheld your end of the bargain after all! I mean no disrespect to your present company, but where is your dwarven companion?"

Keeping his normally cheeky and sarcastic self in check, Froud presents a calm and businesslike manner for once
'My Companion is currently topside,avoiding the Coppers, nodoubt, as their was quite a row at Grundle's. I can tell you that we layed the moutain quite low at no extra charge for you gentlemen. Speaking of which, shall we get to discussing the fee for this fine Hammer?'
Froud takes out the hammer, though he desn't relinquish the weapon, keeping his eyes open for any sign of treachery from the dwarves.

Seonaid

Explorer
[Ack, so sorry for the delay! :(] Miriah follows Froud down into the depths, silent and awed by their surroundings. When they reach the Gemcutter, she looks around in open curiosity, keeping one ear on the conversation Froud was having. Miriah has no idea what's going on, and her thoughts stray every once in a while to Yara and Forge above and to, strangely enough, her yet-uncompleted thesis. Mouse also is silent, sitting quite still on Miriah's shoulder.

loxmyth

First Post
"Oh! A row!" Pahl's eyes go wide with surprise. "It was quite a bit of trouble after all, then? Sorry to be the root of it all, didn't mean it at all. Seems that you have earned this reward then, huh?" He looks to his right and nods at his companion, who carefully hands him a grey leather pouch. Holding out one hand, he empties the contents of the pouch into it. "Will these be sufficient, brother?" he asks the gnome. Glittering, multifaceted gems stare peek back out of his palm. "Twelve gems of fair quality. Do you approve?" To Froud's appraising eye, the gems look to be genuine, each capable of fetching at least ten gold crowns on the open market.

~Grundle's, Ravenscraig
The dwarf's eyes narrowed, and Forge imagined that he could see wisps of steam rising from the constable's nostrils. "And I have no need for lineages and lectures from a freshly bearded youth who doesn't know when to shut up. You say that things would have been much worse if you hadn't taken this action. What if you hadn't come here at all, looking for a fight? Didja think about that?"
Forge's attempts at waking Yara are unsuccessful; he can already see the heavy dark bruising mottling her pale skin. The human constable moves over and instructs everyone to stand back. "There'll be a medic along in a moment to look at her, so you hold steady," he tells the dwarven wizard. "Just answer my mate's questions right? And maybe you won't end up in the clinker."

OOC: Sorry I've been absent for so long... I've been sick the last couple of weeks and was busy with holiday stuff before that. Again, sorry for the delay.

Seonaid

Explorer
[Glad to hear everything is okay!]

Miriah cranes her neck to see what lies in the man's palm and her mouth opens in an "O" when she sees the gems. She turns to Froud, eyes shining, to see his response.

loxmyth

First Post

Pahl's companion grinned at Miriah's wonderment. "They are fine gems, are they not?" he asks her softly, quiet pride in his voice. "They come from my clan's mines. I picked them out myself." After a slight pause, he adds, "I am Krull, son of Gam," by way of introduction.

OoC: Hey everyone, hope you had a wonderful holiday and happy New Year! Hoped to update earlier, but my parent's internet connection was flaky. Things definitiely should pick up now! *crosses fingers*

Seonaid

Explorer
"They are lovely," she says. "I'm Miriah." After a slight pause, she asks, "What is the significance of this thing we got for you? I seem to have come into the adventure"--her eyes light up a bit--"part way through and, I suspect, don't have the full story."

loxmyth

First Post
Krull's frown is almost imperceptible - his lips become just a little tighter, his eyes a little harder. He indicates the hammer still in the gnome's hands. "This is not a thing," he states hotly. "It is the symbol of the struggles we dwarves went through in the war against the orcs, of the trials and adversity we faced in our lives. It represents our strength, and dedication, and resoluteness." And then carefully, he adds: "And it is the property of the ruler of Clan Stout."

Seonaid

Explorer
"I see," Miriah replies just as carefully. "It must be of great importance then. I'm sorry for calling it a 'thing.' You are of the Clan Stout, then? Did you fight the orcs?"

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
loxmyth said:
"Oh! A row!" Pahl's eyes go wide with surprise. "It was quite a bit of trouble after all, then? Sorry to be the root of it all, didn't mean it at all. Seems that you have earned this reward then, huh?" He looks to his right and nods at his companion, who carefully hands him a grey leather pouch. Holding out one hand, he empties the contents of the pouch into it. "Will these be sufficient, brother?" he asks the gnome. Glittering, multifaceted gems stare peek back out of his palm. "Twelve gems of fair quality. Do you approve?" To Froud's appraising eye, the gems look to be genuine, each capable of fetching at least ten gold crowns on the open market.
[/COLOR]
OoC:He is SO playig us..haha/

IC
Froud shows a worried face as he tsks a few times, saying 'Well, now. I will need to confer with Forge, who initiated these dealings as to what he will accept. As you know, of course, he is in Charge of our little band.One must do things with propriety. Have you any tea while we wait for him?'

OoC: Froud assumes that ny pompous Dwarf will assume naturally that any group must be led by a Dwarf...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases