D&D 5E Closed Playtest Reports

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Does anyone know if the Chef crafting system will grant encounter/daily buffs to players?

Will each core race have its own style/specialty of cuisine? Will they be ale to share that information with other Chefs? Will recipes work like Rituals?

Will players be allowed to 'grind' for unique food items during their off-time?

(Kidding aside, I love Guild Wars 2's Cooking system and I wouldn't at all complain if such a thing were added to any edition of D&D.)

Quickleaf

Legend
This thread is badwrongfun, and the moderators should kick in your door for playing wrong.

Actually, badwrongfun is a variant action point mechanic in the game... I think it had to do with when your character's heavy metal theme song came on. The bonuses were INSANE, but everybody had fun, nobody complained that Zepplin theme song benefit was "overpowered."

Ichneumon

First Post
OK I admit it.

I got a sneak peek at the "Upcoming Monsters for the Initial Release of 5e" document, and what I saw was so alarming that I must let all the good folks here know.

Every monster in 5e is a ninja.

Beholder? A ninja that's drawn all its limbs into itself, learnt to levitate with chi, greatly expanded its third eye, and developed eyes upon all its chakra points.

Orc? A ninja with an ugly face. Goblin? A small ninja with gross habits and an ugly face.

How about a dragon? That's a former Great Ninja Master who let their greed for gold & fame overcome their desire to sit in a tiny bare hut contemplating the Nature of All. This causes the ninja to grow scales, wings, and a kick-ass breath attack.

A blurb near the front explains "We don't want players to ever feel as though their campaign has not enough ninjas. So everything in here is a ninja of one sort or another. Enjoy."

MortalPlague

Adventurer
My group had a lot of fun with the "Domain-Building System". We had a few border skirmishes while the fighter raided the rogue for pieces, but once the rogue finished his keep, there was no getting inside.

Then we ran out of lego.

Remove ads