• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CLOSED] [Re-Recruiting] [D&D 3.5] Need more players for War of the Burning Sky

Theroc

First Post
Okay, I'm still sick, but it's not that bad as long as I don't lay down and roll over(that makes the world start spinning rapidly).

Pneumatik, how many are you going to take?

I saw two in the initial post. Is that the maximum you'll be accepting?

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Both the telepath and cleric builds look fine. The only additional info is what progression you're both planning for your PCs. I just want to make sure you're not building for a PClass that I need to nerf (like Radiant Servant of Pelor).

Theroc: I plan on taking about two new players, but it's not first-come first served. If we only get three apps, I may just take three. It's how many we lost, after all. So if you're interested and can build a character without dying, stat something up.

Theroc

First Post
Well since you've got magic/psionics covered...

I'll just roll up a rogue here.

Any format preferences for the character sheet?

Edit: Also, is access to the WotBS a requirement to play? I'd love to, but I can't download ANYTHING without running it past my father first, and I doubt he'll want to take a look for quite awhile. (I'm on his network, and he's afraid I'll get a virus)

Thanee

First Post
Background-wise, I think I will be part of the Resistance of Gate Pass, which should make it fairly easy to get into contact with the party. :)

I will work out the details next weekend (reminder: I will be on a short one-week vacation starting tomorrow, but I will be back on saturday). As it looks, I might even have internet access on site, if so I will probably be able to finish everything up much quicker (got a copy of the WotBS PG with me to read it more thoroughly :)).

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Theroc: The WotBSPG isn't mandatory, but it will definitely be helpful. It basically has all the background information for the campaign. It's just much easier for me to not have to post it (never mind legality issues). There's a good amount of background material (multiple pages). It also gives a little bit of a mechanical advantage via free (weak) feats if you're involved in an organization in Gate Pass.

Thanee: Everything looks good. 1 week afk should be fine - I was hoping to introduce new PCs after the upcoming IC fight, which means in probably 2 weeks.

Toptomcat

First Post
I'm not gunning for Radiant Servant exactly. I don't have any long-term vision for the character beyond obsessive focus on healing spells and effects, which is really more of a pure exercise in rules knowledge than any attempt to actually create an overpowering character- healbot is a distinctly suboptimal role for a cleric at low levels, and a wildly suboptimal one at mid or high levels. It would be both thematically and mechanically appropriate for the character, but it won't break my heart if I can't have it.

What exactly is your issue with it, though? You mentioned it specifically as a dealbreaker in the original recruitment post, but intuitively it doesn't seem any more problematic than any number of cleric PrCs- like, say, Church Inquisitor, Contemplative, Divine Oracle, Ordained Champion, Ruby Knight Vindicator, to name only a few. Unless we're going to be hip-deep in undead...

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Theroc: The WotBSPG isn't mandatory, but it will definitely be helpful. It basically has all the background information for the campaign. It's just much easier for me to not have to post it (never mind legality issues). There's a good amount of background material (multiple pages). It also gives a little bit of a mechanical advantage via free (weak) feats if you're involved in an organization in Gate Pass.

Not sure I see the legal issue if it's a free download to begin with, but is there anything particularly "rogue-y" that would be important to know?

Sorry I haven't whipped up the sheet yet, just been distracted and still feeling funny.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
I'm not gunning for Radiant Servant exactly. I don't have any long-term vision for the character beyond obsessive focus on healing spells and effects, which is really more of a pure exercise in rules knowledge than any attempt to actually create an overpowering character- healbot is a distinctly suboptimal role for a cleric at low levels, and a wildly suboptimal one at mid or high levels. It would be both thematically and mechanically appropriate for the character, but it won't break my heart if I can't have it.

What exactly is your issue with it, though? You mentioned it specifically as a dealbreaker in the original recruitment post, but intuitively it doesn't seem any more problematic than any number of cleric PrCs- like, say, Church Inquisitor, Contemplative, Divine Oracle, Ordained Champion, Ruby Knight Vindicator, to name only a few. Unless we're going to be hip-deep in undead...

My issue with RSoP is that it's basically cleric++. It only costs you one possibly sub-optimal feat to get in, but gives you everything cleric does plus better healing plus better turning plus some other bennies. Part of why I feel like this PClass in particular needs nerfing is that I saw it everywhere when I was playing LG. To me, that's evidence that it's unbalanced in the sense that there's no reason to not take it.

If you want to take it for the healing benefits I'll trim back the other benefits. We can make something work - we have plenty of time. I agree that at higher levels if your cleric is spending multiple rounds healing your party's likely doing something wrong.

Remove ads