CMD too low?

theedj

First Post
There's the Defensive Combat Training feat for those who aren't full BAB classes, and the Dodge feat grants a +1 Dodge bonus to AC, so also CMD. The mobility feat grants a +4 dodge bonus to AC when provoking an AoO for moving, so if you move out of threatened space and that giant wants to grapple or trip you, you have an additional +4 to you CMD against that.

The APG has Boneless Leather, a special magical armor that (among a laundry list of bonuses), grants +5 to your CMD.
There's also the teamwork feat Coordinated Defense, which gives a +2 bonus to CMD if next to your ally who has this feat (cavaliers and inquisitors having greater advantage of this). Oh, and it's +4 if the enemy is larger.
Rangers can get a feat for a bonus to CMD against favored enemies (and have a spell to treat a target as a favored enemy, so nice combo there).

There's also an innumerable amount of racial and class features (especially with archetypes and racial traits swapping) that give bonuses to specific CMD checks.
I haven't even checked spells, but off the top of my head, Protection from Evil grants a +2 deflection bonus that would count.

Just out of curiosity, and to lend support for a mechanic that uses CMB instead of CMD when opposing an acrobatics/tumble check, does it strike anybody else as odd that the Dodge feat, Boneless Leather armor, a Ring of Protection, and Protection from ... spells all increase the difficulty for someone to tumble _away_?

Kaisoku

First Post
That's something I argued back in Pathfinder Beta when they were changing the rules for tumbling.

I personally don't think it makes any logical sense whatsoever. Perhaps now, in the wake of recent rulings on combat maneuvers with weapons being changed/clarified, this is a topic that might get some traction over on the Paizo boards.

Remove ads