• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CMG] Plexus: great! But what about...

Zappo

Explorer
Mark, I'm downloading the cleric PDF right now. I can tell that it will see use. :D
I did have a suggestion as well: Their should be a page (preferably with a top-level bookmark) that just lists all spell names in alphabetical order as hotlinks. That way, if I don't know what level a spell is, I can still quickly find it. This page could be pretty densely packed, too; no real need for anything but the names, really.
You can use the bookmarks; just look for the bookmark button on Acrobat reader, and click on Spells (Alphabetical).

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Thanks all!

Don't forget, there's more goodness where that came from in the Plexus - SRD Revised Bundle! :)

All of the SRD spells are in (some in their non-IP name format) so there shouldn't be any gaps. I thought about using some sort of "alpha-equivalent" but decided just to leave them as is for this one. Perhaps I'll add a two-or-three sheeter in some future bonus addition with some suggested alternatives.

I think, if I am understanding correctly, that tablets might be tricky to use with bookmarks. Let me know if I have guessed correctly because I do use a Palm Device sometimes, and sometimes a laptop, but not a proper tablet yet. I'll put an alpha-index on the short list of future additions.

A "second" on the AU thing? You might want to nudge Monte on that one. He's got a huge fanbase already moving mountains for him, and a number of other companies in agreements as well. I'm guessing if he wanted something like that he might want to keep it in house. He supposedly maintains so much as PI in his work it might be next to impossible without an agreement directly with him. Let me know what he says, though, as I am sure something can always be arranged... ;)

Psychotic Jim

First Post
2 Thumbs up! I got the Sorceror/Wizard spellbundle, very useful. The perfect thing if you run a game using your laptop, very easy to use. The thumbnails are the best part of it. My only sugguestion might be to have in the thumbnails links to specific letters in the alphabet section of the document (like Spells (A) for example.

Thank you very much again, especially with the quickness of which everything was processed. You don't see service like that often.

Mark

Psychotic Jim said:
2 Thumbs up! I got the Sorceror/Wizard spellbundle, very useful. The perfect thing if you run a game using your laptop, very easy to use. The thumbnails are the best part of it. My only sugguestion might be to have in the thumbnails links to specific letters in the alphabet section of the document (like Spells (A) for example.

I haven't focused much on thumbnails all that much but I will take a closer look at them. I tend to find the bokkmarks get more use in any document over a handful of pages long but I might be able to do something with the alphabetical section like that.

Psychotic Jim said:
Thank you very much again, especially with the quickness of which everything was processed. You don't see service like that often.

Thanks! Customer service is one of the most important things for any company. Oddly, it is one of the few areas where any company should be able to excel yet it is often neglected.

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Some thoughts:

Got the cleric version, as I'm playing one at the moment. Found it really useful for working out my spell lists, particularly given the way selection works for that class. Lays things out clearly and speeds up the whole process.

Havn't tried it out in a game session yet, but will encourage our 'electronic' GM and his ever present laptop to give it a try.

It doesn't cover the 'non cleric' domain spells, which is a good thing, IMO. Think they'd just confuse picking a spell list for a character, as most of them would be unusable by most clerics.

Thanks very much for this!

JoeCrow

Explorer
Primo SRD presentation

So, I picked up the complete Plexus pack a few weeks ago, after I got the freebie Wizard/Sorcerer Spellbook. I've been using it for reference during the playtesting runs on the adventure I'm working on for Joe Goodman and while revising the encounters after those sessions almost killed everybody in the party.

I've gotta say, this thing rocks HARD. It's just so damn useful, and well organized. I may never open the books again. So, when can we expect the Plexus Modern SRD? :D

Mark

Thanks again, Joe! "Modern" is definitely on the list of things to add but trying to give a release date would be foolish of me... ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads