• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CMG] Plexus: great! But what about...

Storminator

First Post
Mark said:
Glad you like it and glad to help!

The white space is a by-product of a design decision that was greatly debated. The options were to have the white space in some places (adding a few pages to the overall electronic product) or to have a lot of spells broken up by page breaks. In the end the decision was made that spells should not be broken up. The two main factors that steered toward that decision were the possible loss of information should a quick glance not allow the user to realize there was more info on the subsequent page, and the possibility of wanting to print out a single spell (or a few individual spells) and wanting to print as few pages as possible.

Player Refence Sheets are in the works and will be included with a future bundle...so buy in now while the price is still lower... ;)

I think the white space decision was the right one. When printing its the ink and toner that kills you, not the paper. So a few extra pages aren't that big a deal, given that the ink use is the same.

This product has the two most important things I'm looking for in a spell document: excellent collapsable bookmarks, and cut & paste enabled. C&P is great for sorcerer lists, as you just pull out the spells you know.

I find a hyperlinked TOC is of exactly zero value, since I'm always deep in the doc and don't want to head back to the front to find what I need. Bookmarks, however, I can have open while I browse the doc, and are vital to a worthwhile pdf. For my money, you can save the time to hyperlink the TOC and put that to other uses, as I've only ever used that feature just to see if it worked.

I did see that the summon monster tables are located at the end of the alphabetical listing, instead of after SM 1. I think that's different than all the other docs I've seen. No better or worse, just different (and I noticed it!)

In summation, an excellent job, and I thank you (again!) for the gift.

PS

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
fenzer said:
Mark, thank you very much for the Sorcerer/Wizard version of Plexus. It is an excellent utillity; one I will use.

Thank you again for the kind offering and an excellent product

Thanks! :)

Storminator said:
I think the white space decision was the right one. When printing its the ink and toner that kills you, not the paper. So a few extra pages aren't that big a deal, given that the ink use is the same.

He shoots...HE SCORES! ;)

Storminator said:
This product has the two most important things I'm looking for in a spell document: excellent collapsable bookmarks, and cut & paste enabled. C&P is great for sorcerer lists, as you just pull out the spells you know.

So the cutting and pasting isn't a problem with just the Reader? Good deal. :)

Storminator said:
I find a hyperlinked TOC is of exactly zero value, since I'm always deep in the doc and don't want to head back to the front to find what I need. Bookmarks, however, I can have open while I browse the doc, and are vital to a worthwhile pdf. For my money, you can save the time to hyperlink the TOC and put that to other uses, as I've only ever used that feature just to see if it worked.

I've been told by some folks that they like to be able to peruse the spell list, click on a spell/link and check out the spell, then hit the back button in the Reader to return to the list where they left off...though I don't use it that way much myself either.

Storminator said:
I did see that the summon monster tables are located at the end of the alphabetical listing, instead of after SM 1. I think that's different than all the other docs I've seen. No better or worse, just different (and I noticed it!)

:D I have the Summon Monster (and Nature's Ally) list for a level right with the spell in the "by levels" section, then in the "full alphabetical" section I put them all together at the end of the spells so that they'd be easier to print together, if needed.

Storminator said:
In summation, an excellent job, and I thank you (again!) for the gift.

Thank you, S T O R M I N A T O R ! ! ! (...and spouse...) :p

Henry

Autoexreginated
Just another word - don't forget to review the product in ENWorld's reviews section if you have the chance! It truly is a great product - one that Mark gave me a review copy of a few weeks ago, and one I really should be paying for, since I find myself using it an awful lot. :eek:

I'll need to rectify that in a week or two. :)

Mark

Henry said:
Just another word - don't forget to review the product in ENWorld's reviews section if you have the chance! It truly is a great product - one that Mark gave me a review copy of a few weeks ago, and one I really should be paying for, since I find myself using it an awful lot. :eek:

I'll need to rectify that in a week or two. :)

Thanks for the kind words and the great review! Sales are continuing to grow and I think folks are realizing this might be the single most useful DMing time saver currently available...and it just keeps growing...

(...but so does the price as more effort is put into its utility, so buy it now!) :)

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I'll agree that this is an incredibly useful product. There may be some DMs out there who have all the spells memorized, but I wouldn't be one of them. Having to stop the game to leaf through the PHB is a pain in the neck. With this on my laptop, I don't have to.

Love it.

Love it.

Love it.

zouron

First Post
This is one extremely useful product, having tried out the plexus srd revised sorcerer and wizard spells pdf, I was very delighted in the quick finding of spells for easy reference. I would agree hat internal hyperlinks are cool, but mostly I don't feel a great need for this, however at some point I felt that three layers of bookmarks was a bit much to open and close all the time, IMHO two layers had been better for me, at least as far as the x-level spells are concerned. :)
However a very big dislike I had personally, (not sure if it is a reader thing or what?) was that the file kept changing format so it didn't fit in the width when I used the bookmarks (small grr! for having pressed "Fit Width" a million and 20 times using it).
AND I would have loved if the "Cover, License, and ToC" bookmaks had ben grouped together to give a bit more space when viewing the bookmarks I had in use (face it one don't return to either of those very often hehe).
Overall I liked it and would certainly consider getting hold of another one or three of the other pdfs in the serie later.

Last edited:

Mark

Thanks Buttercup and zouron!

zouron - What size monitor and resolution are you using to view? Perhaps there is something I can suggest to adjust the problem.

zouron

First Post
resolution 1024x768 and using a 17'' for my stationary and my laptop is going 14.1'' (or however they round it :) ). BTW don't say the fix is going to some huge resolution :p

Mark

zouron said:
resolution 1024x768 and using a 17'' for my stationary and my laptop is going 14.1'' (or however they round it :) ). BTW don't say the fix is going to some huge resolution :p

Hmm... Seems odd. I use the same settings. What is the percentage view when you click on a spell bookmark and what is the percentage view after you click on "fit width"?

zouron

First Post
143% after hitting a bookmark and 83% after hitting fit to width (due to the bookmarks still being out since when I use it I am in need of jumping around a lot)

Remove ads