• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CoC/Eberron]Morgrave Gambit-Ex Oblivion, Eberron! IC

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Calach watches with the singleminded intensity of someone who believes that his destiny is about to be revealed right now — he stops humming and focuses on the Maven. "I hope that you aren't going to interrupt this. It's sure to be important." The young man says this hopefully, not as a command.

nonamazing

Explorer
Velious becomes sharply alert, suddenly nervous. They have sealed off the exits. That does not bode well. What are they up to? The slender elf scans the room carefully, watching for any possible sign of danger.

Mark Causey

Explorer
The functionaries move to the sides of the sliding door, and along the wall they each press in on an unmarked stone, allowing a heretofore hidden panel to open up, and alllow them access to closet sized rooms.

They enter and return, rapidly arranging chairs that they have hefted out of the hidden closets. Polewarmers are ignored; nobles and scholars are encouraged to take a seat facing the dais.

{OOC}Actually, as you can see, quite the opposite. Maybe they'll separate the two groups completely later on?{/OOC}

eabha

First Post
Anxiously, Aalin turns from her new acquaintances and watches the doors being shut. There is something ominous in this action though she sees little reason to believe they are in any danger.

As the nobles and other important people are seated, Aalin focuses on the spellcaster on the dais, watching for any signs of magic.

{OOC} Knowledge (arcana) checks as necessary {/OOC}

nonamazing

Explorer
Velious casually moves to the rear of the group, settling into the shadows just behind the curve of the pillar. She is a clever young girl, Velious thinks, noting the look of concentration on Aalin's face, but cleverness can only go so far. I wonder if I could provide her with any sort of guidance?

In the shadows, Velious bows his head and begins hastily mumbling a prayer. "I am the humble servant of the Council, who art the true repository of all wisdom and knowledge. I hearby petition the Council for their blessing, for the subtle gift of their noble grace." As Velious completes his prayer, a pale grey glow appears around his hand. He lightly brushes Aalin across her shoulder, and the glow vanishes. A feeling of great confidence suddenly surges through Aalin's mind.

"I hope this minor blessing is of some service to you, Lady Aalin," Velious whispers.

(ooc casting guidance on Aalin for a +1 bonus on her skill check /ooc)

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Calach stands still, just as if he were a statue, as all of this happens. If any of it has registered with him, he refuses to betray that fact. He simply continues watching quietly.

Mark Causey

Explorer
It Begins ...

"I demand answers! Divulge your information, sorceress! Explain this gathering in full, with haste, or I shall turn my heel now disavow myself of this ... circus, forever!"

The cries come from a now enringed elfish noble, a full head taller than others about him, who has ignored all attempts at chit-chat and other petty indulgences.

The lady, now divorced from her speaking companion, bears full brunt of the comment and stares heading her way. She winces not at the almost physical attack directed her way.

"Then let us begin!" she enunciates, each syllable its own refugee trying to escape her heretofore inescapable lips. She florishes, and turns around, her back to the audience.

The shifter stands up a bit straighter, listening eagerly. However, is yellow, wolf-like eyes still dart back and forth through the crowd, the dais, the doorways -- he's suspicious of the entire gathering and is keeping his eyes open for anything unusual {OOC}+7 on Spot Checks{/OOC}.

Mark Causey

Explorer
She Speaks at Length with her Guests

With a noble grunt, the elf sits down in a posh chair; as a trendsetter, he silently encourages everyone to do so as well. Having gotten the attention he needed, but hating to be considered 'just part of a crowd', he resigns himself to cross his arms in a very human gesture, exquisitely able to be outwardly upset and yet regal simultaneously.

The dais now supports three individuals: the cloaked speaker, the scholar, and the familiar-gnome.

"To quote ir'Dayne after the discovery of a Cyclopean ruin in Karrlakton,

'We are all surrounded by the Artifacts of Olde and are creating the Artifacts of Years to Come, Discovery need not require New Lands.'

He did not then know that his words would have impact on fields other than archaeology. Recent discoveries in Xen'drik have shed light on the Most Powerful Discovery of our Generation; we are truly surrounded by items of great power that I will unveil for you all in but a moment. Let me introduce my colleague, Dala Arand. She will detail her recent adventures in the Southern Hinterlands, which will preface our true discussion this evening.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads