• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CoC/geology] It's not a crater. It's not volcanic. What is it?

Knight Otu

First Post
Maybe it is what remained from a Chaos Storm created by Xi'Parnturil? ;)

Oh, and Piratecat, Joshua, maybe it is just me, but the pictures are a bit... big. Is there a way to make them a bit smaller?

Telling an Admin what to do IS a bad thing, right?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Knight Otu said:
Oh, and Piratecat, Joshua, maybe it is just me, but the pictures are a bit... big. Is there a way to make them a bit smaller?

Telling an Admin what to do IS a bad thing, right?

Telling, maybe; asking, no. The first picture is only 39K, but the second one is more than 200K. I'll change it to just a link.

Aaron L

Hero
A remnantfrom the wars between the elder things and the flying polyps? The prison of an unknown Great Old One? Wow, that is a cool idea Piratecat.

Xeriar

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Here's another image:

With this coloration, it suddenly looks like a formation on Mars. What in the world could explain the parallel growth of two identical geological (and not completely explainable) features on Mars and the earth at the same time?

It also looks perfectly circular at this angle... Something making a crater that big takes around a teraton (as in a million megatons) blast.

Meteors that slam into the Earth at a perfectly perpendicular angle will supposedly create 'little' disturbance. Emphasizing perfect, IIRC the rock that wiped out the dinosaurs rammed the Earth at a 15 degree angle, towards North America.

Maerdwyn

First Post
A massive, spherical egg sac lies in the mud of a young Earth. Sticky tendrils anchor the sac in place. Over millions of years, the sac slowly flattens out, and it is partially buried by sediment, until it ultimately burst, releasing multitudes of young that travel away from Earth.

By the time mammals appear, The organic material of the sac itself has disintigrated, leaving a massive circular crater. Only a few fossils of young who were still-born or who died soon after hatching remain as direct evidence of the sac's presence. That is, until the eventual day when a few of the young who survived will return to their breeding grounds to produce the next generation.

dave_o

Explorer
!

I really dig the 2d map of the universe idea. Perhaps a group of...things could be noted, travelling toward what's eventually determined as Earth.

And then, from there, muhahahaha.

Jeph

Explorer
JD, please excuse me while I *YOINK* your idea.

----please wait . . . yoinking in progress . . . yoinking completed . . . thank you for your cooperation and patience.----

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads