• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Collaborative expanded Art Objects table

leonardoraele

First Post
The DMG presents us with five tables of random art objects to reward the players, 10 entries per table. I personally like the idea of art objects and frequently add art object as loot for my players, but I find the tables too short, so I came here to ask help to build an expanded table. If like the idea, feel free to contribute.

I will start with some entries I came up with, and you can suggest additional entries for any table. Defining weight of the item is optional, but you must address one of the tables for your entry. (the one with closest market value to the item, use DMG default entries for guidance)

Also, if you think one or more of my initial entries doesn't fit or need change, I'm open for opinions.

25 gp Art Objects

1. Clockwork toy. (2 lb.)
  2. Clockwork fire starter. (1 lb.)
  3. Clockwork music box. (2 lb.)
  4. Fan that shows a mountain at sunset when unfold. (0 lb.)
  5. Silver plated pocket watch. (0 lb.)
  6. Silver plated compass. (0 lb.)
  7. Golden monocle with silk cord. (0 lb.)
  8. Regional map in velvet case. (2 lb.)
  9. Artesanal smoking pipe. (0 lb.)
  10. Silk handkerchief embroidered with golden threads in the edges (0 lb.)
  11. A single solid gold chess piece. (1 lb.)
  12. A fine saddle with flags attached on the sides. (30 lb.)
  13. Common perfume flask. (1 lb.)
  14. _____

250 gp Art Objects
  1. Hard cover, velvet book with a golden lock. (5 lb.)
  2. Large painting of the kingdom map. (6 lb.)
  3. Set of silver flatware and chalices for up to 4 persons, in a fine chest. (10 lb.)
  4. A single solid platinum chess piece. (1 lb.)
  5. Exotic perfume flask. (1 lb.)
  6. _____

750 gp Art Objects
  1. Weapon with encrusted gemstones on the blade (1d4+2 amethysts, jades, garnets or pearls, if you want to be specific) (same weight as the original weapon)
  2. _____

2,500 gp Art Objects
  1. Fully customized plate armor; may have spikes on the arms and legs, small wings on the sholders and arms, or any other decorative features. (70 lb.)
  2. _____

7,500 gp Art Objects

1. _____

Last edited:

NotActuallyTim

First Post
I think maybe the Gnome devices should be removed, before anybody winds up with a group dedicated to making infinite money from free racial bonuses.

NotActuallyTim

First Post
Actually, the device costs money for the gnomes to make, and they stop working after a time, so I'm not sure how much viable this is.

10 GP production cost, 25 GP sale, 15 GP pure profit. That's enough to make another device and a half, leading to an ever increasing profit margin.

And they aren't listed as needing to be in working order in the above table.

leonardoraele

First Post
10 GP production cost, 25 GP sale, 15 GP pure profit. That's enough to make another device and a half, leading to an ever increasing profit margin.

And they aren't listed as needing to be in working order in the above table.

What do you suggest, then? What about adding something like "this device doesn't ceases to function after 24 hours"

Last edited:

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
What do you suggest, then? What about adding something like "this device doesn't ceases to function after 24 hours"

I think maybe that the device is fairly large might be appropriate. Or make them an ingenious clock work toy, rather then specifically gnomish inventions. Leonardo Da Vinci invented a number of clockwork toys an machines, so no reason it has to be gnomish.

leonardoraele

First Post
I think maybe that the device is fairly large might be appropriate. Or make them an ingenious clock work toy, rather then specifically gnomish inventions. Leonardo Da Vinci invented a number of clockwork toys an machines, so no reason it has to be gnomish.

I wrote those entries as "gnomish invention" just for flavor, to highlight their ingenuity. But you are right, they don't need to be specifically gnomish inventions, so I edited the initial post to account for that, this should end the problem of making money from racial traits. Also, if the devices aren't specifically gnomish inventions, players won't argue they will stop working at any time.

--

Now with the original topic. Any suggestions of new art objects?

Remove ads