Collected Core Handbook Errata

WotC_GregB

First Post
Underage AOLer said:
Any chance you could give us the "Official Word" on any of the errors that need clarification? I'd hate to incorrectly have something listed and have it be seen as wrong when it is actually right.

I can't give the "Official Word" on anything here, but you can expect something soon. Also, could I ask that you date the additions to your list so I can see what you've added. Our review group meets once a week and it would help me to track what we've already talked about. Thanks!

Underage AOLer

First Post
WotC_GregB said:
I can't give the "Official Word" on anything here, but you can expect something soon. Also, could I ask that you date the additions to your list so I can see what you've added. Our review group meets once a week and it would help me to track what we've already talked about. Thanks!

That's a good idea, anything added from now on will be dated. I'll try to keep editing down to once a day as well so that the content doesn't change every three seconds (as is has been prone to do given my propensity for trying to make it "perfect"... I can see how errors can slip through if y'all at WotC are anything like me).

P.S. w00t, sticky!

withak

First Post
Kobolds don't have the "reptile" keyword, but other reptilian humanoid races (Lizardfolk, Salamanders, Troglodytes, Yuan-ti) do. Kobolds were "reptilian" in 3E, which has a slightly different meaning.

Oversight or intentional omission?

Out of the four Troglodyte variants, only the Warrior is Large; the rest are Medium. Intentional?

Last edited:

kerbarian

Explorer
The Goblin Underboss (MM, p.138) is listed as an Elite, yet unlike every other Elite in the MM, it doesn't have "Saving Throws +2" or "Action Points 1"

That One Guy

First Post
✦ p.71: Haunting Strike (level 21 Cleric attack) is strictly better than Punishing Strike (level 27 Cleric attack) [Wisdom Penalty]
Haunting Strike is level 23. But, yeah. It's completely better than Punishing Strike.

Edit: And grats on the recognitions, Family and Underage AOLer!
Edit2: I don't know if this counts as Errata or not, but in the PHB table of contents Conditions on page 277 is not listed at all. In the section it is not a large text header such as Attack Results, Durations, or Saving Throws, but I think it should be. This may be opinion and not errata, but considering how precisely organized the book tends to be (in spite of errata), this seems like an error.

Last edited:

Henrix

Explorer
MM p.53 Barlgura Tactics
"A barlgura charges into battle, using its double attack to pummel its opponents."

The Double Attack cannot be used with a charge, it's neither a basic attack, nor does it state that it can be used with a charge. ;)

Amurayi

Explorer
✦ various: many weapons used by monsters don't have PHB stats (scourge, trident, blowgun, rod) [Imban]

This is intentional. I asked the designers on the DDXP about it and they said that these should be considered "monster weapons". They have no market value. But PC can use them but are always unproficient with them. The damage dice can be taken from the monster basic attack.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases