D&D 5E Companion thread to 5E Survivor - Subclasses (Part XV: The FINAL ROUND)

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I’m downvoting fighter because I said I would after the fighter survivor thread, and I’m a gal of my word. 😁
Yeah, the butthurt will be the main driver. "The College of Lore was the inferior choice and I'll prove it!"
I’m definitely tempted to downvote Warlock and Wizard because I’m still salty about hexblade and bladesinger, yes.
I am expecting A LOT of "revenge voting" in this...

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I have to admit, I'm a bit sad to hear all this :( can't we just vote for what we like, and downvote what we think is least deserving of winning?

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
I have to admit, I'm a bit sad to hear all this :( can't we just vote for what we like, and downvote what we think is least deserving of winning?
I cannot comply with this request. None of the subclasses I wanted to win actually won. Not a single one. I am literally incapable of voting for voting for something I truly like, and believe all of these are "least deserving of winning."

Hence, I will vote down those classes that I think have the worst design, and vote up those classes I can at least minimally tolerate. My primary focus for downvotes is Fighter at present; after that, most likely Wizard, unless Cleric is too far ahead.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
It is unfortunate, but for myself, also downvoting tempest cleric is because I don't think it is deserving of winning, even if it hadn't won one a technicality. 🤷‍♂️

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
On the list, there are 4 of my favorites (Tempest Domain for the cleric, Oath of the Ancients for the paladin, Thief for the rogue, and School of Abjuration for the wizard), so they are going to be my "darlings" in the final round. And only 2 are my absolute least favorite (the Battle Smith artificer, and all bards as a whole), so those are the ones I'm going to be pushing down.

Once these are all eliminated, I have no idea how I'll vote. I'll probably end up favoring the ones I've actually played (7 in total), and downvoting the ones I have no interest in playing (4), assuming any of them outlast the ones I've already mentioned.

It's anybody's game, really. Like @Vaalingrade said, this Survivor game tends to eliminate the outliers first--both the good and the bad--and leave the lukewarm, mediocre options untouched. Whether or not one of my Darlings makes it to the final round will depend on enough people agreeing with me...but hopefully not too many.
But my money is on the Paladin.

Last edited:

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Nature of the beast, I'd guess. If you want something like that you might do better with a simple, single-time vote class poll.
It's specifically because tearing things down is more effective than building them up. It encourages both blandness in the resulting winners and viewing things as "how can I take down what I dislike most" rather than "how can I support what I like most."

Hence why I favor a "footrace" model instead, with a +2/-1 setup, and a "finish line" value (e.g. first to 100 points.) That allows for underdogs and dark horse victories, and rewards positive appraisal rather than negative.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Looks like Fighter is shaping up to be the most controversial class this time around. It has had 7 downvotes and 10 upvotes, out of only 76 votes. Other than the Mystic, it's had the most attention of any class on the board, with over 22% of all votes (regardless of direction) going to it. Given Mystic has to have eaten more than a third of all votes all by itself (25 downvotes + a few upvotes + however many downvotes were needed to cancel those out), to snap up 22% of the total is no mean feat, making it more than a third of all non-Mystic votes.

Remove ads