Company of the Bitter Blade, Reborn! OOC Thread

Blue_Genie

First Post
I'm afraid that this weekend is turning out to be way busier than I thought it was going to be. I don't think I'll get a chance to post the first IC post Fri, Sat, or Sun. Monday is probably the best bet. Sorry about the delay, but I'm going to be out of town for the majority of the weekend.

Blue_Genie

First Post
Title change

Patlin, would you mind changing the title of this thread to something like Company of the Bitter Blade (OOC) or something like that? I thought it might be easier to just convert this thread to our new OOC thread, rather than start a brand new one.

Thanks,

Blue

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Hey Blue_Genie, woudl you like us to help out with the rolling of dice by using www.invisiblecastle.com or do you want to make them all. I only suggest this as it might speed things up and would take some of the weight of DMing a PbP off of your sholders.

In the end makes no real difference to me.

Blue_Genie

First Post
Elocin said:
Hey Blue_Genie, woudl you like us to help out with the rolling of dice by using www.invisiblecastle.com or do you want to make them all. I only suggest this as it might speed things up and would take some of the weight of DMing a PbP off of your sholders.

In the end makes no real difference to me.
Hmm, you make a good point about the work, Elocin. The reason I had been wanting to make all the rolls is because I like certain things to be unknown. For instance, you shouldn't know how well your Diplomacy check was. Maybe the people are humoring you, maybe they only want you to think that you've been persuasive, etc. Knowing the roll ahead of time kind-of takes the fun out of that.

I guess for combat (where most of the dice rolling is), it matters less, because you can generally see the effects of your actions right away.

You know, Elocin, I've been convinced. Feel free to roll dice for anything where the result would be immediately obvious (attack rolls, damage, saves, and certain skill checks.) I'd like to continue making Hide, Search, and any social rolls (Diplo, Bluff, etc).

Blue

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Blue_Genie said:
Hmm, you make a good point about the work, Elocin. The reason I had been wanting to make all the rolls is because I like certain things to be unknown. For instance, you shouldn't know how well your Diplomacy check was. Maybe the people are humoring you, maybe they only want you to think that you've been persuasive, etc. Knowing the roll ahead of time kind-of takes the fun out of that.

I guess for combat (where most of the dice rolling is), it matters less, because you can generally see the effects of your actions right away.

You know, Elocin, I've been convinced. Feel free to roll dice for anything where the result would be immediately obvious (attack rolls, damage, saves, and certain skill checks.) I'd like to continue making Hide, Search, and any social rolls (Diplo, Bluff, etc).

Blue

Sounds good to me so whwnever I make a roll I will be using Hobbes as the name so you can follow my rolls on the website. I will as always post the link on my post.

Patlin

Explorer
Bobitron said:
My first in-character post in a new game :D

Thanks for having me, guys. Appreciate it.

Glad to have you! Also, I'd like to thank you again, Blue Genie, for saving our game.

Remove ads