• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Complete Scoundrel Here

EyeontheMountain

First Post
Post Five: Spells and miscellaneous (last post)

Umm, more stuff aboutthe polymorph subschool. No changes from the FAQ I can see, but I may not be totally up on it.

28 new spells, with a wide mix from Assassin to Wizard. Including some hexblade spells. Nice seplls are Enlarge weapon (works how you would expect, but does not stack with other growth effects like enlarge person)) Healer's vision allows you to see under the skin of your target (gross) to target healeing better. Or sneak attacks, if you are so inclined. Another one is the Scry Location spell, which will help those telporters out there. Open to bard, sorceror/wizard, cleric and druid. Works much like scrying

Wand Modulation is interesting, as you can casue a wand to cast a diffferent spell (at least one level lower) than it was built to cast. Interesting, though you need to cast the new spell on the wand immediately.

Next rules for hidden spaces and surprise weapons. Looks like good additions to the game especially the bayonets added to crossbows.

Alchemical and posions sections.

A few magical items, including a few who work on tricks.

Next are living items, Gut mites, jabberweed and so on. Odd but could be a good drop into a campaign to befuddle your players.

Chapter 6 is Scoundel adventure. Pretty obvious stuff to me.4 organizations, (not affiliations, unfortunately, but organizations

Legendary sites

A bit about contacts, looks added on atthe last minute, but good stuff

Finally 100 scoundrel adventures

------

Overall, I think I like it. Three prestige classes I want to try out and I think the luck feats have potential. The tricks are excellent and can be aded into an existing campaing with nary a hiccup. Money well spent.

EyeontheMountain

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
Thanks EyeontheMountain!

What's with all the prestige classes with less than ten levels? I count five "full" progression prestige classes out of thirteen!

Sad to see that Bards get the shaft again, it seems. Maybe there would be less antipathy for the class if WotC could actually release something decent for them.

The feats sound cool, and tricks sound interesting. I'll at least be flipping through it when it comes out here. When is that again?

I don't think Bards get the shaft, if you are going more of a skills-oriented path. If you want to be a spellcaster, complete mage had a nice spellcasting prestige class. Tehre are a couple very sweet things for a bard.

EyeontheMountain

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
What's with all the prestige classes with less than ten levels? I count five "full" progression prestige classes out of thirteen!

I am wondering aboutthat. It seems like they are going for dip classes that support a small part of the character, rather than full-bore specializing prestige classes. I was surprised by the number of 3 level prestige classes. I can only remember 2-3 ever published in WOTC products before.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Eye,

Okay changing questions: Anything in the book about divine spellcasters ala mixing rogue/clerics for people that want it? I mean is it mostly arcane spellcasting pr-classes and feats that get noticed or do tricky clerics get anything interesting to their arsenal?

Last edited:

Greg K

Legend
EyeontheMountain said:
Nope, no alterantive class features, or substitution levels, which is disapppointing.

Thanks. Well, apparently there is nothing really of interest to me in this book or, at least, not nearly enough to make me want to buy the book.

EyeontheMountain

First Post
Nightfall said:
Eye,

Okay changing questions: Anything in the book about divine spellcasters ala mixing rogue/clerics for people that want it? I mean is it mostly arcane spellcasting pr-classes and feats that get noticed or do tricky clerics get anything interesting to their arsenal?

Ok, let me list them.

Monk/Ninja
rogue/swashbuckler
fighter/swashbuckler
fighter/ninja
spelltheif/arcane caster
spelltheif/manifester class
rogue/scout
ranger/scout

That's all, so nothing for a claeric/rogue, unfortunately.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Abe,

Shameless self promotion is the way this board works best! How else do think people got such high post counts? *pauses* Okay maybe it was just me. ;)

Greg,

Yeah that kind of limits the usefulness to me as well. That's what I enjoyed most about Complete Mage.

Eye,

Figures. They go for the obviously stuff before thinking about cleric or divine spellcasters.

*thinks they made a mistake with the Grey thingie*

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Figures. They go for the obviously stuff before thinking about cleric or divine spellcasters.

*thinks they made a mistake with the Grey thingie*

Not to mention that Complete Champion is almost here as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads