• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conan: The Saga of the Ages 2 // The Valley of Toads

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Die, Zamoran maggot!" Thorkin growled.

The man screamed as he fell, the Northerner's blade sticky with gore. His head cleft in twain, as he fell, arrows whistled through the air from the bow of the Aquilonian, Balavous and thudded into another man's chest.

The adventurers were making a foray to Shadizar, city of wicked women and where a thief could gain a reputation. But along the way, they were ambushed - assaulted by men in the employ of a certain Zamoran noble, of whom their third compatriot, Santoro, had fallen afoul in the past.

Now they were locked in mortal battle against three men, devilishly scarred and of unsavory appearance. The flash of steel and the stink of blood filled the air as the battle raged...

Lightly Wounded = 75% health or above
Moderately Wounded = 50%-75% health
Severely Wounded = 25%-50% health
Critically Wounded = less than 25% health

Zamoran Bountyhunter #1: unhurt
Zamoran Bountyhunter #2: unhurt
Zamoran Bountyhunter #3: unhurt

Thorkin: unhurt
Santoro: unhurt
Balavous: unhurt

ferretguy

First Post
As he reached back for another arrow Balavous yelled to Santoro Well my friend, at least traveling with you will always keep my marksmanship skills up!

OOC: stick and move as always...Shoot and move. If their too close going to axe and sword!

OOC: Whoo hoo! Definitly what I like of Conan type games!

Karl Green

First Post
Thorkin Bearkiller

Thorkin laughs in the face of the fools in front of him and charges the closes… “Iffin’ ye all thought that you were going to be a making easy gold this day, ye are bigger fools then the scum I normal kill… ye should have stayed on thy farms and buggered yar sheep!”

if Thorkin can charge… Attack roll +9 +2 for charging -2 power attack; Damage roll 1d12 +7 if hit. Parry with the shield DEF 18

[occ]TOTALLY the way a Conan game should start ;)[/occ]

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
With a whirr of the bowstring, an arrow flies towards one of the Zamorans, opening a frightful red gash in his upper arm. Thorkin screeches and surges madly forward, blade held before him. Another Zamoran attempts to dodge out of the way, but not quickly enough, and a ghastly wound is opened. Santoro flicks one of his daggers towards another man - not a Zamoran, too tall and sandy-haired for that - and it gashes his palm as he tries to deflect it.

The Zamoran who had been shot by Balavous' arrow nocks and looses one of his own, which whizzes past Thorkin. Another hefts his massive axe and flies at Santoro, but the thief dodges the blow nimbly. The tall man, a gangly Hyperborean, runs for Balavous.

Zamoran Bountyhunter #1: lightly wounded
Zamoran Bountyhunter #2: moderately wounded
Hyperborean Bountyhunter: lightly wounded

Balavous: lightly wounded

ferretguy

First Post
To close for the bow.... Balsavous thinks to himself,quickly dropping his treasured bow to the ground. Dodging to keep the Hyperborean from stepping on his prized possession, he draws his axe and sword for closer range combat looking for an opening in the mans defense for his own blows.

OOC: use dodge for defense attack with axe and sword.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Thorkin Bearkiller

Thorkin flashes back and forth with the thug in front of him, saying "Whats this? No strength to talk? What tis the fun of a facing death all quit? Ah I see ye are a woman? Well ye are dead none the less.."

Attack roll +9, damage 1d12+5

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Bah! I no be sufferin' death quietly, ye northern cur!" screams the Zamoran. "Now I be sendin' ye to where'er the northern savage dead go!" He charges Thorkin, who dodges out of the way. His blade cleaves a mighty wound in the Zamoran's side, and he clutches the wound.

Meanwhile, Balavous is engaged with the Hyperborean. He whirls in his two-weapon style of fighting, and one of the blows connects! His short sword sinks into the northerner's thigh. Santoro stabs out blindly as the Zamoran recovers from his wild charge, but misses. In retaliation, the Zamoran flails out with his axe, and misses the agile thief again.

Zamoran Bountyhunter #2: critically wounded
Hyperborean Bountyhunter: moderately wounded

Karl Green

First Post
Thorkin Bearkiller

"HA dog, ye curse worst then Mithra nuns and could not hit a tree sloth iffin it fell on ya. NOW DIE!"

Attack +9 to hit, 1d12+5 damage if he hits; if he kills his foe, Thorkin will move to assist Santoro

ferretguy

First Post
Seeing the blood dripping from his blade, Balavous smiles Now you won't be running from your death Fool! Soon my axe will be tasting your hearts blood! He continues to weave a deadly pattern with his bloodied weapons...(well only one blooded weapon, soon the other may have some blood on it too :lol: )

OOC: continueing the 2 weapon assualt.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Thorkin leaps at the Zamoran, flailing his blade wildly. The razored edge of the Northman's blade sinks deep into the Zamoran's chest. Thorkin wrenches it free in a crimson spray and his opponent slumps to the ground. The Vanir runs towards Santoro. Balavous whirls in a circle, both his blades chopping into the Hyperborean. He staggers, but fights on! Santoro sheathes his blade in his opponent's arm, but the Zamoran is unfazed.

"By Tsauth!" The desperate Hyperborean slams his great axe down at the Aquilonian, who springs out of the way of the massive blade.

"Now you die, dog of Shadizar," exclaims the Zamoran, chopping at Santoro. Santoro merely gives him a quick grin as he dives out of the way.

"Another day, my friend."

Zamoran Bountyhunter #2: dead
Hyperborean Bountyhunter: moderately wounded

Voidrunner's Codex