• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conan: The Saga of the Ages 2 // The Valley of Toads

Karl Green

First Post
Thorkin Bearkiller

Thorkin tries to flank the Zamoran (especially to give Santoro that also) and yells "Here dog, taste northern steel and die already... I have a powerful thrist and ye need to freeze in the pit where all cowards fall!"

Power Attack +2 to damage -2 to attack; Attack roll +7 to hit (+9 if flanking) and 1d12+7 damage

ferretguy

First Post
Dodging the clumsey axe blowNot so easy to kill, reminds me of that pict shaman who took 8 of my arrows before he fell... Balavous thinks to himself But if life was easy, where the glory! He sweeps low with his axe and thrusts up to disembowel his staggered opponent.

OOC: continue the assault!

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Once more, Balavous unleashes a chop and a stab. This time, both hit, and with a mighty curse, the Hyperborean falls, blood oozing from his wounds. Thorkin falls upon the remaining Zamoran, chopping at his neck. The Northman's blade sinks in with a satisfactory spurt of blood, and while the foe is staggered, Santoro dives in and delivers a vicious stab to the side.

The Zamoran stabs futilely at the newcomer, but his sword falls uselessly from weak fingers (fumble :p ).

Lightly Wounded = 75% health or above
Moderately Wounded = 50%-75% health
Severely Wounded = 25%-50% health
Critically Wounded = less than 25% health

Zamoran Bountyhunter #1: critically wounded
Zamoran Bountyhunter #2: dead
Hyperborean Bountyhunter: dead

Thorkin: unhurt
Santoro: unhurt
Balavous: lightly wounded

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
With one last mighty chop, the Zamoran's head is sent flying from its shoulders. The body slumps to the ground, lifeless.

Interrupted from their gloating over the three bodies, the companions hear a distant rumble, and see a cloud of dust on the horizon. Balavous puts his ear to the ground.

"Horses," he says. "Lots of 'em."

Karl Green

First Post
Thorkin Bearkiller

Thorkin looks around for some place to at least get out of sight, but better yet to defend against riders, etc (hills, trees, etc) and says "Could be allies of these dogs, they often travel in packs the cowards... we best be off the road at least when they come into view..."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Up here." Balavous is leaping around through a rocky outcropping near the path you were travelling, and he motions Thorkin and Santoro to follow him. The three crouch down and look onto the ground below. In a few moments, a score or more of soldiers - Corinthian, not Zamoran - ride past where you hide and disappear into the east.

Thanks for the bump, Karl - I was going to get to it, but the board had a hiccup earlier. I lost a post on another PbP, blecch!

ferretguy

First Post
"hmm, What would Corinian soldiers be doing here in Zamoria I do wonder..?"
Waiting for the soldiers to pass, he swings back down to the trail..."Well they don't seem to be interested in these" Balsavous indicates their recent foes "so lets get some of their ill-gotten pay for our next drinks!"

Karl Green

First Post
Thorkin Bearkiller

"Aye, killing be thirsty work... now lets see what these dogs had on them... seeing as they wont be a needing any lose coins they might be a holding any more... plus we might get a bit for their weapons also... always needing a bit extra funds if ye find a fine wench to spend it on aye"

Thorkin will collect up any money the bounty hunters where carrying and split it with the other two. He does not mind carrying the extra swords to sell in town

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads