• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Confirmed - Rangers get d8 HD in 3.5e.

Droogie

Explorer
If thats true, then I feel sorry for any TWF rangers. Does anyone want to go toe-to-toe with a d8 for HD, light armor, and no shield?

Lela

First Post
Droogie said:
If thats true, then I feel sorry for any TWF rangers. Does anyone want to go toe-to-toe with a d8 for HD, light armor, and no shield?

Well, look at some of the feats in the FRC designed for Drizz't. They can help out with that. Also, I would bet those Rangers get free access to Two-Weapon Defense, which may or may not be from the FRC.

Diehard--depending on what it does--might be a must have for them. Perhaps even Improved Feint as well.

Last edited:

maddman75

First Post
Good thing almost everyone made up their own version already. If they are giving up HD, they'd best get a LOT in return. 'Overpowered' was NOT one of the ranger's problems.

A'koss

Explorer
Originally posted by John Crichton:

Confirmed where?
Andy Collins's MB...

Scarlet Knight: "Paizo Publishing has a Web Enhancement for "Flood Season", an adventure from Dungeon 98, which is supposedly compatible with the revised edition.

There is a character listed on the last page named Zachary Aslaxin who is an Aristocrat 1/ Ranger 2/ Cleric 1. He has 4d8 hit dice.

Does this mean that rangers will have d8 hit dice in the revision? Or did Paizo Publishing make a mistake?"

Andy Collins: "Paizo has very up-to-date versions of the revised core rulebooks."

Cheers,

A'koss.

Lela

First Post
maddman75 said:
Good thing almost everyone made up their own version already. If they are giving up HD, they'd best get a LOT in return. 'Overpowered' was NOT one of the ranger's problems.

Don't forget that Monte Cook's Ranger only had d8, though they did get a lot there.

And one of my players managed to make an overpowered Ranger. Though sometimes I think he could make a deaf, dumb, and naked pure Bard a killing powerhouse. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

boschdevil

First Post
Lela said:

Don't forget that Monte Cook's Ranger only had d8, though they did get a lot there.

Actually, in his latest BoHM, he made the ranger d10 ....

I'm pretty sure you are referring to the one on his website, but I wanted to let you know what was his latest vision.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads