• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Confused by Suggested Equipment.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Ok, so the book says you can take the Suggested equipment that is in your background + the suggested equipment of your class, OR take 150 gp. But the equipment packages both have left over gp, does this get added together?

Does all of this add to 150? I want to check, but what's the cost of some of bone dice, or draft horse with wagon.

Basically I'm just really confused about the suggested equipment packages, which is a shame cuz I want players to take the packages on their background it's flavorful.

Ichneumon

First Post
It sounds sensible to accumulate the leftover gp in the packages, then let players buy extra gear with it.

Whether the total value matches 150gp exactly doesn't matter much to me. Others' mileages may vary.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Ok, so the book says you can take the Suggested equipment that is in your background + the suggested equipment of your class, OR take 150 gp. But the equipment packages both have left over gp, does this get added together?
You either get a bunch of things and a little bit of gold, or you get 150 gold. That's my interpretation, anyway.

Last edited:

Remove ads