Congratulations to the 2017 Gen Con EN World RPG Award Winners!

Tonight, at Gen Con in Indianapolis, the 17th Annual Gen Con EN World Awards (ENnies) ceremony took place. Congratulations go to all the nominees, and to this year's award winners! The ENnies are an annual award program celebrating the best that tabletop roleplaying games have to offer, created in 2001.

Tonight, at Gen Con in Indianapolis, the 17th Annual Gen Con EN World Awards (ENnies) ceremony took place. Congratulations go to all the nominees, and to this year's award winners! The ENnies are an annual award program celebrating the best that tabletop roleplaying games have to offer, created in 2001.

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 08.42.42.png

2018 Judges

• Brian Nowak
  • Denise Robinson
  • Kurt Weigel
  • Reece Carter
  • Sean McCoy
Best Adventure

Best Aid/Accessory

Best Cover Art

Best Interior Art

Best Blog

Best Cartography

Best Electronic Book

Best Family Game

Best Free Product

Best Game

Best Miniatures Product

Best Monster/Adversary

Best Podcast

Best Production Values

Best RPG Related Product

Best Rules

Best Setting

Best Supplement

Best Website

Best Writing

Fan's Choice for Best Publisher

• Gold: Wizards of the Coast
  • Silver: Chaosium
Product Of The Year

tales_from_the_loop.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 03.40.48.png

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
Oh, and glad Chaosium won so many awards...maybe now they can start making things right towards their former author William Jones. They should have won a Hall of Shame award for the way they have treated him.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Fan choice was the only thing they WotC could win.

I am glad they did. Anyways...nominations aside, congratulations to all the winners.

Chaosium and freelancers

Oh, and glad Chaosium won so many awards...maybe now they can start making things right towards their former author William Jones. They should have won a Hall of Shame award for the way they have treated him.

We at Chaosium agree that William was treated badly in the past. However, almost two years ago the new management contacted William and we have been working to settle all debt and to fix any problems with his contracts. It has taken a long time because the problems were, as you note, very serious. We have completely resolved all outstanding issues with fiction projects and are in the process of getting the issues resolved on his RPG work. (Chaosium is once again selling William's terrific creator-owned fiction collection The Strange Cases of Rudolph Pearson, which would not be true if he were not satisfied with how things are now being handled.)

Chaosium brought me on as a consultant two years ago to specifically help the company reach out to creators who had such issues. I have since signed on in a formal role to help them relaunch the fiction line. William was one of my priorities because I am very familiar with all that he did for the company and for Call of Cthulhu. I'm glad to see others recognize that, too.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

James Lowder
executive fiction editor, Chaosium

Zhern

Explorer
Well I'm pretty proud how many tiny tiny tiny OSR things with a fraction of the mileage behind them that mainstream products have managed to win this popularity contest.

I was really happy to see Veins of the Earth, Blood in the Chocolate, and Broodmother Sky Fortress getting recognized. The quality of product that Raggi publishes and the consistently top notch content (due to talented writers, artists, cartographers, etc.) pushed out by LotFP is astounding for being essentially a one man publishing operation. In my opinion, Veins, Blood, Broodmother, and Cursed Chateau were some of the best products to come out this year across the entire industry.

Nice to see the OSR get some love.

Arilyn

Hero
Well I'm pretty proud how many tiny tiny tiny OSR things with a fraction of the mileage behind them that mainstream products have managed to win this popularity contest.

Yes, the ennies work better when the mainstream F20 games are out of the picture. 5e is fun, and one or the better DnD versions, but there is nothing particularly innovative about it, but it swept the ennies the year it came out. Same is true of PF. Next year, might very well be Starfinder. I much prefer years like this one, where we can see innovation and originality shine. Tales from the Loop, for example, deserves all the attention it got this year, but what if it had been competing the same year as 5e?

Anyway, congratulations to all the winners. Keep on designing!

Shemeska

Adventurer
I just find it interesting how WotC managed to snatch up best publisher away from Paizo. That was their category for years...

My assumption is that with the judges placing virtually no Paizo products in the voting categories that a majority of Pathfinder-centric players simply didn't vote. I might be wrong, but that was my immediate take.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
My assumption is that with the judges placing virtually no Paizo products in the voting categories that a majority of Pathfinder-centric players simply didn't vote. I might be wrong, but that was my immediate take.

The judges are elected by the public. They then nominate five products in each category. The public then votes on those nominations.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads