• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conlans Art Thread

Bobitron

Explorer
Conlan said:
Well it seems I the system won't let me PM you for some reason. So I'll just ask the questions here.

1. Do you want each individual character, or like a large group shot?
2. Could you maybe go into greater detail about their clothing and armor? After reading up a little about the setting I want to get a better idea of what you think of when you say "armor", and dresses plainly, because from the sounds of it armor is pretty scarce and dressing plainly kind of means wearing rags.

I'd love a group shot.

As for the armor and dress thing, I'll look into each character individually and get back to you tomorrow. One of the things I liked about the drawings you posted was the lack of plate mail, if that helps. :) I like your use of dark earthy tones and the kinda 'dirty' and realistic feel to the knights you drew. The clothes and gear looks used, you know what I mean?

Conlan

First Post
Bobitron said:
I'd love a group shot.

As for the armor and dress thing, I'll look into each character individually and get back to you tomorrow. One of the things I liked about the drawings you posted was the lack of plate mail, if that helps. :) I like your use of dark earthy tones and the kinda 'dirty' and realistic feel to the knights you drew. The clothes and gear looks used, you know what I mean?

The only reason I'm asking is because I'm getting some ideas for how to dress them myself, But I'm worried that how I dress them, even though it would seem plain to me and probably be for other settings, I'm getting the feeling that it might be a little too "fancy" for this setting being that it is a very dark and gritty setting.

Bobitron

Explorer
Ah, I hear you. Well, they are all poor people. Most are from a small village named Caft where they made a living farming and gathering. Not exactly metropolitan. Country folk, you know?

Now they are all refugees and criminals! On the run without luxuries such as beds, baths, and changes of clothing.

I'll go through each one's gear and general look. Add this to the info I posted below for some more clarification.

Starhl is a classic young Dorn of 18, so think a Scottish highlander type with a some sort of worn tartan kilt that wraps up over his shirt. His weapon is much nicer than anything else we've got, an ancient greatsword with a keen edge and unknown power.

Kaela is an innocent 17yo girl who is starting to emerge as the group's unofficial leader and spokesperson. She is a healer and herbalist who is gaining confidence every day they avoid the Shadow. She treats Aislinn like a beloved little sister. She wears a light blue dress, dulled by age to a flat color, with thin leather apron over the front with little pouches in it for when she gathers herbs. She has a hidden dagger, but rarely uses it.

Valurel is a savage pure and simple. He is a berzerker who uses his claws to fight. While an elf, he has ties to the Beast within and it is easy to see on his face and manners. He just recently learned to speak a simple version of our language, and couldn't communicate with us until in the last few weeks. No real description of clothing, but he lived in the woods and traveled before joining us, so assume clothes even worse off than the rest, but not rags.

Herger is a brute in appearance, but has a caring nature and is very protective of us. He wears a peasant's outfit, so tattered, patchwork clothing. He has a great big axe. He's young as well, 22yo.

Lodric has kinda become the brains of the outfit if Kaela is the face and heart. He's a fast thinker and quick to help the others. Not a big guy at 5' 6". He fights with something called an Inutek that looks like a rope with two short ropes coming off the end with stones on the end of the two little ropes to form an open lasso. He dresses a little nicer than the rest of us as he used to live in a good-sized town as a brewer's son.

Aislinn is the soul of our group and our purpose. She is blind, but far from helpless. Her powers are just starting to manifest, but everyone can tell there is something special about her. She is really just a kid, a young teen maybe 13-14. She was a farmer's daughter, so she probably wears a homespun dress.

Fallax is a crazy old man with bad manners and a sharp tongue. Nobody really likes him, but we feel he can't be left behind, and he drops useful tidbits of information that really make him valuable every now and then. He looks like a hermit. We found him holed up in a cave if that gives you some indication of his looks. He wears the same scholar's robes from when he was still a member of society, but they are trashed beyond repair.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you need anything else.

ThorneMD

First Post
Hey man. Nice work. I don't know if you're accepting requests, but I'll throw one in just as a hopeful.

Guinevere Moonshadow: Wood Elf Urban Ranger

Guinevere stands at a little over 5 feet and weighs around 100 pounds. She wears her coppery-red hair long and curly, and her green eyes seem to suck you into her very soul, while her light coppery skin shows no imperfections. Wearing simple clothes and a beautiful necklace, Guinevere is often seen as an innocent, but given the right moment; this “innocent little girl” can kill just as well as any other. On her hips she wears two blades: a curved version of the favored blade of her people and the exotic kukri dagger. She also wears a simple chain shirt.

Sturdy Black Leather Boots
Forest Green Leather Skirt
MW Potion Belt
White Shirt
Dark Blue Leather Gloves with a small inprint of Holy Symbol on right hand.
Brown/Forest Green Cloak with a hood
Simple Mithral Necklace with Inset Jade

She wields a Curved Longsword and a Kukri, has three pouches hanging off her belt, and holds her gear in a sack.

Holy Symbol: Red knight chess piece with stars for eyes

If this seems like something you'd like to do, then it would be great.

Bobitron said:
Valurel is a savage pure and simple. He is a berzerker who uses his claws to fight. While an elf, he has ties to the Beast within and it is easy to see on his face and manners. He just recently learned to speak a simple version of our language, and couldn't communicate with us until in the last few weeks. No real description of clothing, but he lived in the woods and traveled before joining us, so assume clothes even worse off than the rest, but not rags.

Actually, Valurel was able to communicate with some of the group from the beginning as he could speak Erenlander. His difficulties with that language were mostly due to the fact that until he fell in with the party, he had shunned contact with others. He could not speak the language of the north though (Norther) until a few weeks ago. That was the principal language of the area around Caft and the area where the adventures have so far taken place until recently arriving in Baden's Bluff. Now he can speak rudimentary Norther and his Erenlander is more clear and concise. Otherwise, all descriptions posted thus far of Valurel are totally accurate.

Conlan

First Post
Bobitron,

Heres Starhl in Black & White, I'll color him when I finish the rest of the party. I got to tell you man, this is fun! I hope your a patient person, because it may take a while, I started Starhl something like three days and finally got a version of him that I liked, let me know what you think of it so far.

Frukathka & Thorne: I'd be happy to do both your requests, it may be a little while before I can get to them though.

Attachments

• Starhl.jpg
    Starhl.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 169

Bobitron

Explorer
Toric_Arthendain said:
Actually, Valurel was able to communicate with some of the group from the beginning as he could speak Erenlander. His difficulties with that language were mostly due to the fact that until he fell in with the party, he had shunned contact with others. He could not speak the language of the north though (Norther) until a few weeks ago. That was the principal language of the area around Caft and the area where the adventures have so far taken place until recently arriving in Baden's Bluff. Now he can speak rudimentary Norther and his Erenlander is more clear and concise. Otherwise, all descriptions posted thus far of Valurel are totally accurate.

Thanks buddy. :)

Bobitron

Explorer
Conlan said:
...let me know what you think of it so far.

Looks great! I think it might be wise to rotate the blade around so you can see the hilt and give it a little thickness. It looks a bit spindly at that angle. maybe lengthen the hilt a bit as well.

I'm nitpicking, though. I'm really pleased with what you've got!

Remove ads