Consider the Cannoli: Subjective Preferences and Conversations about Geek Media

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
CLE and CME? Continuing Legal Education and Continuing Medical Education?
Yep!
In my wife's profession, there's yearly requirements necessary to maintain the license, but it is just referred to as CE - Continuing Education, without bothering to say that is is Veterinary.
Huh!

The majority of our documentation- both the ads for certain lectures and the certifications of completion- either include the “medical” or “legal” portion when writing it out, or use the abbreviations I did.

Sometimes they just say “continuing education”, but that’s rare.

It could be a state thing. It could also be that some of our stuff is multi-disciplinary. I’ve been to events that were dual CLE/CME accredited. I seem to remember some CLE was also approved for accountants’ continuing education, but don’t remember what abbreviation they used.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
GaryCon is my once a year try something new gaming convention. I run different systems for my two gaming groups (Hyperborea and 5e now - just switched from CoC) and at times you you have something in mind, like Korean Fried Chicken but after walking for a mile you arrive and find it closed so end up with Canadian French.
View attachment 296317
View attachment 296316
I was going to introduce my paternal aunt to Thai cuisine after taking her to a MD appointment. But when we got out of the doc’s office, it was too late- they were closing until dinner.

However, 3 doors down from them was a Dominican place. I’d been there once before, shortly after they opened. It was OK, but it hadn’t wowed me. Still, it was time to eat, so we went in.

Their menu had expanded, so I got to try some new stuff. And it was genuinely good. But what my aunt got was actually pretty dang awesome. It was so good, we actually ordered 3 more identical meals to take home- one for my Mom, and one each for my aunt’s fiancée and his adult son who was visiting from out of state.

All three of the takeout meals were consumed voraciously.

So that place is back on the radar, so to speak.

P.S.: tried Korean Fried chicken 3 times from 3 places now- each one better than the previous! Good luck in tracking some down to try!

I was going to introduce my paternal aunt to Thai cuisine after taking her to a MD appointment. But when we got out of the doc’s office, it was too late- they were closing until dinner.

However, 3 doors down from them was a Dominican place. I’d been there once before, shortly after they opened. It was OK, but it hadn’t wowed me. Still, it was time to eat, so we went in.

Their menu had expanded, so I got to try some new stuff. And it was genuinely good. But what my aunt got was actually pretty dang awesome. It was so good, we actually ordered 3 more identical meals to take home- one for my Mom, and one each for my aunt’s fiancée and his adult son who was visiting from out of state.

All three of the takeout meals were consumed voraciously.

So that place is back on the radar, so to speak.

P.S.: tried Korean Fried chicken 3 times from 3 places now- each one better than the previous! Good luck in tracking some down to try!
I am on a flight to Seattle tomorrow to game until Sunday. It actually is a rural area near Seattle so I doubt they will have Korean fried chicken but you never know.

And I do CPE to maintain my CPA.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist

Real KFC (Korean Fried Chicken, aka Chikin) is amazing.

To be honest, when I've been in Asia, most of the places I've been to have had fried chicken that would put most places in America to shame. Not all; you can still get some amazing fried chicken if you know where to go. But the quality of "regular" fried chicken you can get from a random street vendor in Vietnam or Thailand puts Popeye's to shame.

I'm still unsure if KFC or Karaage (a Japanese style of fried chicken) is better, but I would not want to have to choose between the two.... if forced, I would have BOTH!

Ryujin

Legend
I am on a flight to Seattle tomorrow to game until Sunday. It actually is a rural area near Seattle so I doubt they will have Korean fried chicken but you never know.

And I do CPE to maintain my CPA.
There are a bunch of Korean Fried Chicken places in Seattle, but I haven't had the chance to try any. Maybe this upcoming trip (in a couple of weeks) I'll get to? Don't know about the surrounding area. I've generally been more about hitting Ivar's seafood places when I'm there.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It could be a state thing.

In the veterinary field, much (perhaps even most) of the time, getting the full number of hours of CE requires going to events out of state. Last weekend, my wife was at a CE conference in Maine, populated with folks from across New England.

It could also be that some of our stuff is multi-disciplinary.

That is possible.

Also, there are just more lawyers, and more human doctors, than there are veterinarians. Scale might lead to different practices.

Real KFC (Korean Fried Chicken, aka Chikin) is amazing.

To be honest, when I've been in Asia, most of the places I've been to have had fried chicken that would put most places in America to shame. Not all; you can still get some amazing fried chicken if you know where to go. But the quality of "regular" fried chicken you can get from a random street vendor in Vietnam or Thailand puts Popeye's to shame.

I'm still unsure if KFC or Karaage (a Japanese style of fried chicken) is better, but I would not want to have to choose between the two.... if forced, I would have BOTH!
I lived in China and did not find the local fried chicken to be that amazing. Singapore the same. KFC (American chain) is super popular in China. But the only local one I really liked was the version with the tongue numbing spice. That is a ton of small pieces with bones and the spice/pepper corn on the outside.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I lived in China and did not find the local fried chicken to be that amazing. Singapore the same. KFC (American chain) is super popular in China. But the only local one I really liked was the version with the tongue numbing spice. That is a ton of small pieces with bones and the spice/pepper corn on the outside.

Sichuan peppercorns!!!!!

Remove ads