D&D 5E "Consistent Attack" -- Is this TOO powerful?

Is "Consistent Attack" too powerful of a feature?

• No, it looks fine.

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Yes, it is too powerful, but maybe at a different level it would be okay.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Yes, it is too powerful at any level.

Votes: 4 20.0%

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
To keep this limited to fighter only, perhaps this should be an ability only the Champion subclass gets?
Hmm... maybe. Although I like Remarkable Athlete myself, I know many others find it subpar...

I'll consider it but to begin with I am inclined to leave it as part of the core fighter so we can see how it functions more in play testing.

Spohedus

Explorer
I see this being a useful signature ability of a subclass that doesn't have the same nova abilities of other fighters. It could be a signature style, but as a rider on other abilities...too strong. Can you imagine if an NPC or monster had the same ability? It would drag the play down and require a lot longer combat sessions, which helps no one.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
If Remarkable athlete applied to skills you were already proficient with... now that would be a remarkable athlete!
Yeah, for something called "Remarkable" Athlete, I would expect it to give you expertise in Athletics (or proficiency if you don't already have Athletics) or something...

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I see this being a useful signature ability of a subclass that doesn't have the same nova abilities of other fighters. It could be a signature style, but as a rider on other abilities...too strong. Can you imagine if an NPC or monster had the same ability? It would drag the play down and require a lot longer combat sessions, which helps no one.
Well, if I did put it only on a subclass, it would likely be Champion.

Where would you put it?

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
It does sound like it could be a battle manuever...
LOL oh, no, not at my table! For one reason, I despise the Battle Master subclass and its mechanics. For another, they don't need any more maneuvers IMO. Lastly, it would limit it to only so many uses per short rest, which since you're already giving up an attack and bonus action, feels much too limited to me.

Remove ads