• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Continued Support

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Psion said:
It'd be cool if there were companies continuing to support 3.5. But to be honest, I've almost totally stopped buying 3.5 material.
Same here. I haven't bought anything from WotC since UA. I've only purchased a few adventures from Necromancer, GoodMan, and XRP since, and in PDF only.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
1e AD&D became very popular again during the current 3e era (OSRIC, Castles & Crusades, Hackmaster). Perhaps a trend will develop and we may see a revival of 2e during 4e, 3e during 5e, etc.

Or not. :)

catsclaw227

First Post
DaveMage said:
Well, since you are moving on to 4.0, you may want to pick up the WotC titles you mention above as (IIRC) they will be providing updates to these once 4.0 is out. On the other hand, if you wait a few months, you may be able to get them for 1/4 the price on ebay. ;)
Is there a specific list of titles that have been slated for 4.0 upgrade? I'd love to see that list from someone at WOTC, as it would absolutely affect my purchasing habits over the next few months.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
catsclaw227 said:
Is there a specific list of titles that have been slated for 4.0 upgrade? I'd love to see that list from someone at WOTC, as it would absolutely affect my purchasing habits over the next few months.

The things I do for you....

(I took this from the 4E Info Page - it's near the bottom of the page)

Scott Rouse on releases prior to 4E:
There are books and products not tied to any edition (edition proof):

Dungeon Tiles
Dice
Three Dragon Ante
Inn Fighting
Dungeon Survival Guide
Grand History of the Realms
Eberron Survival Guide

There are books and products that will get a 4e update:

Exemplars of Evil
Elder Evils
Dragons of Eberron
Eberron City of Stormreach
Desert of Desolation DDM
Dragons of Eberron

and there are products that are 4e previews or feature final 4e rules:

Wizards Presents: Classes and Races
Wizards Presents: Worlds and Monsters
Desert of Desolation DDM
Keep on the Shadowfell
Dungeons of Dread DDM
DDM Starter

catsclaw227

First Post
DaveMage said:
The things I do for you....

(I took this from the 4E Info Page - it's near the bottom of the page)
Thanks DaveMage!!!

After posting, I did think about going and checking the WHOLE 4e page, and 'lo and behold! :D I suppose you could think of it as a review of previous information. :)

catsclaw227

First Post
DaveMage said:
There are books and products that will get a 4e update:

Exemplars of Evil
Elder Evils
Dragons of Eberron
Eberron City of Stormreach
Desert of Desolation DDM
Dragons of Eberron
Interesting that Anauroch is not on this list, even though it is not slated for release until November 13th. I wonder if that is because it was written before the much-speculated and analyzed 4e Forgotten Realms RSE. It probably falls has canon that occurs before the events in Orc King and Grand History, but you would think that with Grand History coming out a full two months earlier, they could have done something about it.

Glyfair

Explorer
catsclaw227 said:
Interesting that Anauroch is not on this list, even though it is not slated for release until November 13th.

It may very well of been missed. Scott missed Dragons of Eberron before I pointed it out to him.

FnordBear said:
So with the wealth of 4e info we have recieved lately I was wondering. For those of us that enjoy 3.5 have any third party publishers announced plans to continue to produce/support 3.5 material? For that matter is there any information indicating the 3.5 OGL will continue beyond the introduction of 4e?
I don't keep tabs on that area of the D&D buisiness but I'd suggest that it's too early for 3rd party publishers to really know if there will be a valuable market segment for 3.5 still LEFT in 8 months. I should imagine that right now they're all scrambling to fast track anything they have that is "edition proof" and trying to figure out what products currently coming up for publication they should hold to try and rewrite for 4E. With 3.5 ceasing publication it's pretty safe to say that even if there IS a viable market for a publisher to cater to for 3.5 after 4E is released, that market will never INCREASE, only decrease, unless 4E really turns out to be a steaming pile.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
DaveMage said:
There are books and products not tied to any edition (edition proof):

Dungeon Tiles
Dice
Three Dragon Ante
Inn Fighting
Dungeon Survival Guide
Eberron Survival Guide
[...]
and there are products that are 4e previews or feature final 4e rules:

Wizards Presents: Classes and Races
Wizards Presents: Worlds and Monsters
Desert of Desolation DDM
Keep on the Shadowfell
Dungeons of Dread DDM
DDM Starter
The Grand History of the Realms is listed twice... I haven't seen it, but I guess it's safe to say that it's an edition proof book.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads