• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Creatures from Other Campaign Settings

Shade

Monster Junkie
That version of Hide in Flames looks good to me. Do we want to keep the +8 bonus or increase it a bit?

30 ft. range for the Blindsense, same as a Sahuagin?

I'm satisfied with +8, but am willing to negotiate for higher if you prefer.

30 ft. blindsense works.

Cleon

Legend
I'm satisfied with +8, but am willing to negotiate for higher if you prefer.

I was thinking at least +12. Maybe even +12, +20 is it doesn't move.

Although it's got a respectable Dex and I proposed maxed-out Hide, so even with a +8 it'll be pretty good. (8+3+6 = +17, while +12 racial gives it +21).

Hmm, I like that +21. That makes it practically invisible to creatures without a positive Spot skill.

30 ft. blindsense works.

I'll plug it into the Working Draft.

Cleon

Legend
+12 is fine.

Done!

I'll remove the [?] from the Hide, Listen and Spot bonuses.

Shall I confirm the pencilled-in skills (Hide, Listen, Spot, Tumble all maxed out at 6 ranks).

It's missing a feat, unless we make one of its two Bonus feats a regular feat.

Any preferences for treasure?

Cleon

Legend
Skills are fine. Add on Dodge as the other regular feat? Probably "none" for treasure.

Dodge is such a useless feat I'm always hesitant to use it, but in this case I think we can. It's already got a couple of nice bonus feats.

No treasure's fine, too.

Updating the Working Draft.

Shall I un-question the CR and Advancement, or does anyone propose some changes?

Shade

Monster Junkie
It still needs a weight. Same as a Medium Fire Elemental, or shall we give it a bit more substance?

Less substance. It's a "phantom". ;)

Oops. Wrong "looks like a fire elemental" critter. Heavier is fine.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads