Converting Epic Level Creatures

Cleon

Legend
Hmmm, I guess he could, unless that counts as personal gain, in which case he refuses to use his transmutation according to the original text. Anyway, I can go with the symbol if you like.

Okay, that makes it:

0read magic, detect magic, mending, prestidigitation;
1stburning hands, feather fall, hypnotism, identify, magic missile (x2), obscuring mist, ray of enfeeblement;
2ndcontinual flame, detect thoughts, eagle's splendor, fox's cunning, owl’s wisdom, protection from arrows, see invisibility, Tasha’s hideous laughter;
3rdblink, clairaudience/clairvoyance, deep slumber, gaseous form, magic circle against evil, nondetection, tongues;
4thlocate creature, mass enlarge person, mass reduce person, resilient sphere, shout, solid fog, stoneskin;
5thbaleful polymorph, break enchantment, dominate person, feeblemind, permanency, sending, wall of force;
6thantimagic field, disintegrate, greater heroism, mass bull’s strength, symbol of persuasion, true seeing;

Wait, I just realized something. Andromidus and Prometheus should have the same number of 7th level spells, right?

No, Prometheus casts as a 15th level wizard, so gets two 7th-level spells for his casting level plus three bonus spells for his Intelligence of 40, for five in total.

Andromidus casts as a 25th-level wizard, so gets FOUR 7th-level spells for CL. His lower Intelligence of 39 only gives him two bonus spells at that spell level, but that's still six in total.

And you seem to have given Andromidus 10th level spell slots. That would seem to require a lot of Improved Spell Capacity feats that we haven't assigned yet (right?). I think we need to check those numbers...

Eh? Where are you seeing 10th level spell slots. His Wizard Spells Prepared 4/8/8/7/7/7/7/6/6/6 is a row of ten numbers, from 4 spells at 0 level to six spells at 9th. If he went up to 11th level he'd have eleven numbers.

Besides, I thought we'd agreed not to give him 10th+ level slots because none of the existing Greater Titans have them.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Funny, I could have sworn there were 11 numbers in Andromidus's list. Well, anyway, are we agreed on the 7th level spells with forcecage?

Looking at the 8th level spells, I think there's an error in Prometheus's list (to add to the stack of CC corrections, if I haven't goofed this one up). Bigby's grasping hand is 7th level, so it should be clenched fist. Anyway, how about adding greater prying eyes, irresistible dance, and sunburst?

Cleon

Legend
Funny, I could have sworn there were 11 numbers in Andromidus's list. Well, anyway, are we agreed on the 7th level spells with forcecage?

Looking at the 8th level spells, I think there's an error in Prometheus's list (to add to the stack of CC corrections, if I haven't goofed this one up). Bigby's grasping hand is 7th level, so it should be clenched fist. Anyway, how about adding greater prying eyes, irresistible dance, and sunburst?

I'm fine with adding those to Prometheus's spells prepared. That makes the following:

0read magic, detect magic, mending, prestidigitation;
1stburning hands, feather fall, hypnotism, identify, magic missile (x2), obscuring mist, ray of enfeeblement;
2ndcontinual flame, detect thoughts, eagle's splendor, fox's cunning, owl’s wisdom, protection from arrows, see invisibility, Tasha’s hideous laughter;
3rdblink, clairaudience/clairvoyance, deep slumber, gaseous form, magic circle against evil, nondetection, tongues;
4thlocate creature, mass enlarge person, mass reduce person, resilient sphere, shout, solid fog, stoneskin;
5thbaleful polymorph, break enchantment, dominate person, feeblemind, permanency, sending, wall of force;
6thantimagic field, disintegrate, greater heroism, mass bull’s strength, symbol of persuasion, true seeing;
7thbanishment, forcecage, greater arcane sight, greater teleport, insanity, spell turning;
8thclenched fist, discern location, greater prying eyes, irresistible dance, protection from spells, sunburst;

OK, so the wizard section of our Andromidus Working Draft now only wants six 9th-level spells for the Spells Prepared.

Hmm, dominate monster, foresight, mass hold monster, shapechange, time stop, wish?

freyar

That'll work for me! Whew!

Should we just let him know all the Wiz spells at 8th and 9th levels too?

Ready for cleric casting?

Cleon

Legend
That'll work for me! Whew!

Should we just let him know all the Wiz spells at 8th and 9th levels too?

Ready for cleric casting?

I'd rather give him a selection. Makes it seem like he's got some limitations (and makes it look like we made at least some effort with the Spells Known!)

freyar

Effort? Pshaw! :p

All the Illusion spells goes without saying.
8th level: obviously clenched fist, discern location, greater prying eyes, irresistible dance, protection from spells, sunburst. How about also mind blank, prismatic wall, maze, greater planar binding, moment of prescience, binding, mass charm monster, demand, power word stun, telekinetic sphere, iron body, temporal stasis? Some of those could change out, and I only left off polymorph any object because of his transmutation Su abiilty.

Cleon

Legend
Effort? Pshaw! :p

All the Illusion spells goes without saying.
8th level: obviously clenched fist, discern location, greater prying eyes, irresistible dance, protection from spells, sunburst. How about also mind blank, prismatic wall, maze, greater planar binding, moment of prescience, binding, mass charm monster, demand, power word stun, telekinetic sphere, iron body, temporal stasis? Some of those could change out, and I only left off polymorph any object because of his transmutation Su abiilty.

I'd cut out prismatic wall, telekinetic sphere and temporal statis.

As for polymorph any object, it just seems so appropriate for a godlike being I'd like to keep it. For similar reasons, I fancy greater shout as well.

Prometheus has summon monster VIII, so how about that?

That combines to:

8thbinding, clenched fist, demand, discern location, greater planar binding, greater prying eyes, greater shout, iron body, irresistible dance, mass charm monster, maze, mind blank, moment of prescience, power word stun, polymorph any object, protection from spells, summon monster VIII, sunburst.

freyar

Sure, that'll work for me! Just don't forget "plus all spells of the Illusion school" or other appropriate wording.

9th level: must have dominate monster, foresight, mass hold monster, shapechange, time stop, wish. How about also freedom, mage's disjunction, meteor swarm? I could potentially see others (gate, etherealness, summon monster IX kind of appeal), but I think it may be better to keep the list relatively short. What do you think?

Cleon

Legend
Just don't forget "plus all spells of the Illusion school" or other appropriate wording.

That seems a bit redundant since he can spontaneously cast them.

9th level: must have dominate monster, foresight, mass hold monster, shapechange, time stop, wish. How about also freedom, mage's disjunction, meteor swarm? I could potentially see others (gate, etherealness, summon monster IX kind of appeal), but I think it may be better to keep the list relatively short. What do you think?

Well meteor swarm feels thematically wrong to me, and mage's disjunction is rather unpopular among PCs.

The rest of them are fine, which makes:

9thdominate monster, etherealness, foresight, freedom, gate, mass hold monster, shapechange, summon monster IX, time stop, wish.

freyar

If he can spontaenously cast them, shouldn't he have access to them?

I see no reason to deny him a spell PCs don't like. :devil: Besides, it's not typically prepared. I think that's generally ok, though.

Remove ads