• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting "generic setting" second edition monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleon

Legend
Of the two I'd go for 6d10, perhaps even up it to 8d10?

Don't fancy the ongoing 3d10. It would be overcome by the aforementioned resist energy (acid) spell anyway.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I like freyar's suggestion. As for the ongoing damage vs. resist energy, I see that as rewarding prepared parties a bit. Also, it'll take a chunk out of any protection from energy spells that are up instead.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Well, it's kind of like 3 free applications of the Clinging Breath metabreath feat, Cleon, just think that we're getting to use something noncore. ;) :p

Cleon

Legend
Well, it's kind of like 3 free applications of the Clinging Breath metabreath feat, Cleon, just think that we're getting to use something noncore. ;) :p

Just as well I've got the 3E Draconomicon then.:cool:

Well 6d10 plus 3d10 over 3 rounds still seems a bit high. Not only is that a total of 15d10 damage (an average of 82 damage), it means its breath weapon is likely to recharge while its acid is still ongoing.

Maybe drop the rounds of ongoing damage to one or two?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Yeah, after looking at Clinging Breath, I was thinking about reducing the number of rounds myself. Can we all agree on one round?

Cleon

Legend
That works for me as well.

Updated.

One round ongoing acid breath is fine by me, it's looking dang near finished.

I do have one question. Why does its acid not affect stone? Its description says it eats minerals and creatures from the elemental plane of Earth, surely it stomach acids can digest them!

I was also wondering whether it could have the Earth or Extraplanar subtypes since it eats Earth creatures. A glitterworm's not an Outsider or Elemental though, so I'd deduce it's unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads