Converting Maztica and Horde monsters

Krishnath

First Post
Definetly a fey, thus it should have 5d6 HD. Shapechanger subtype fits as well.

30% SR is the same as Sr equal to CR+6.

Str 10, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 15?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Here are some attempts at the chac's abilities:

Gaseous Form (Su): Four times per day, as a standard action, a chac can assume gaseous form as the spell (caster level Xth), but it has a fly speed of 20 feet with perfect maneuverability. When in this form, the mist is tinted the same color as the chac's eyes.

Control Rain (Sp): Once per week, a chac can use control weather as the spell (caster level Xth), except that it can only create rain effects.

Spells: Chacs can cast divine spells as 5th-level clerics. A chac has access to the following domains: Air and Water. The save DCs are Wisdom-based.

Typical Cleric Spells Prepared (5/3+1/23+1/13+1; save DC X + spell level): 0--?; 1st--?; 2nd--?; 3rd--?.
*Domain spell. Domains: Air and Water.

Tzeentch

First Post
Chac
Medium Fey (Shapechanger)
Hit Dice: 5d6+5 (22 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), fly 30 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 18 (+2 Dex, +6 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+2
Attack: Claw +4 melee (1d6)
Full Attack: 2 claws +4 melee (1d6) and bite -1 melee (1d4)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: ?
Special Qualities: ?
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +5
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 15
Skills: 56
Feats: 2
Environment: Warm mountains
Organization: Solitary or family (2-4)
Challenge Rating: ?
Treasure: ?
Alignment: Usually lawful neutral
Advancement: 6-9 HD (Medium); 10-20 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: +?

Feats: Maybe Weapon Focus (claws) and Improved Initiative?
Skills: Maybe Appraise +8, Concentration +8, Diplomacy +9, Listen +8, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +8, Spot +8, Survival +8

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Not sure how you got your attack bonuses, but I thought about it and realized that weapon finesse is an almost necessary feat for the chac. ;)

Sorry about not getting to all of these monsters I started yet… wasn’t expecting to be very busy, but I got really busy really quickly anyway. :(

Tzeentch

First Post
BOZ said:
Not sure how you got your attack bonuses, but I thought about it and realized that weapon finesse is an almost necessary feat for the chac. ;)
+2 BAB from monster HD, +2 from DX. The oops is I include the bonus from Weapon Finesse it appears ;)

Tzeentch

First Post
BOZ said:
not a problem, i saw where you were coming from. :)

-- Instead of simply giving them all Cleric 5 spells, why not simply say the average Chac is a level 5 Cleric? That matches the HD total and significantly simplifies their level adjustment (as then they just have their turn to gas and possibly rain abilities).

Krishnath

First Post
Because, even if all Chac can cast spells as a cleric, not all chac advance as such. I think it would be best to write it as:

spells: Chac cast spells as 5th level clerics with access to the ? and ? domains.

The best domains to choose would be Air and Law IMHO.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases