Converting monsters from Dragon magazine

Shade

Monster Junkie
The name doesn't cause me any problems, but I'd be willing to humour alternatives.

Although the original didn't account for it, I think it would be fun to make it a psychokinetic burst weapon. If you'll go along with that, I'd simply call it "Psychokinetic Blade".

Regardless of what we call it, it needs to be a Su ability methinks.

Cleon

Legend
Although the original didn't account for it, I think it would be fun to make it a psychokinetic burst weapon. If you'll go along with that, I'd simply call it "Psychokinetic Blade".

Regardless of what we call it, it needs to be a Su ability methinks.

It's described as a physical weapon, albeit a bizarrely shaped one. That name suggests some weird psionic energy-sword to me.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Either of those names works for me. I like the psychokinetic burst idea. Maybe we can fold the whirlwind attack into the blade (or ability, assuming the blade doesn't function when removed from the construct).

Cleon

Legend
How about "Psi-wrought Blade" or "Mindforged Blade"?

Those don't do much for me, but I find Psiforged Blade the least objectionable permutation of those.

However, I fancy something that suggests a bizarre, alien character. Like, say, Eldritch Blade. :p

Hmm, what alternatives are there...

Xenotropic Blade?
The Unspeakable Blade from Beyond Space?
Big Weird-O Sword?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Those don't do much for me, but I find Psiforged Blade the least objectionable permutation of those.

However, I fancy something that suggests a bizarre, alien character. Like, say, Eldritch Blade. :p

Hmm, what alternatives are there...

Xenotropic Blade?
The Unspeakable Blade from Beyond Space?
Big Weird-O Sword?

"Psiforged Blade" makes sense, since they were created by illithids, which are psionic creatures.

"The Unspeakable Blade from Beyond Space" would make a great SyFy Original Movie. :)

Cleon

Legend
"Psiforged Blade" makes sense, since they were created by illithids, which are psionic creatures.

From what I remember of that adventure it never says who (or, rather, what) created them. Still, I'll go along with Psiforged.

Updating the Working Draft.

"The Unspeakable Blade from Beyond Space" would make a great SyFy Original Movie. :)

What, you mean like Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God? :p

Cleon

Legend
Weird, I was sure I changed it to "Psiforged Blade" but it was still "Eldritch". Maybe it didn't save properly? I'll fix it.

Are we going to add the psychokinetic bit to the blade?

What, for the "sweep" special attack?

If so, would you care to rough something out.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Shade said, "Although the original didn't account for it, I think it would be fun to make it a psychokinetic burst weapon." So make it a +5 psychokinetic burst greatsword.

Also from Shade: "Also a minor quibble, but I'd make it "Healed by Acid and Electricity" rather than Lightning." Shall we make that change?

Remove ads