• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting monsters from First Edition modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Getting back to Awtawmatawn...

Skills: 172
Feats: Epic Toughness (x2), Improved Natural Attack (slam), 11 more (5 of which can be epic)

Cornugon Skills: Bluff +24, Climb +28, Concentration +24, Diplomacy +10, Disguise +6 (+8 acting), Hide +21, Intimidate +26, Listen +22, Move Silently +23, Search +20, Sense Motive +22, Spot +22, Survival +4 (+6 following tracks)
Cornugon Feats: Cleave, Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Multiattack, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (spiked chain)

So at the very least, probably Cleave, Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Power Attack?

Awtawmatawn has 44 less skill ranks than a cornugon. We could drop the 18 ranks in Hide, as it really doesn't need them. That leaves 26 more to shave off. We could take 7 ranks off Climb to account for the Str bonus differential, leaving 19 ranks to remove. I'd suggest dropping the 16 ranks in Move Silently, and shave 1 rank each off Listen, Search, and Spot.

Thoughts?

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
Getting back to Awtawmatawn...

Feats: Epic Toughness (x2), Improved Natural Attack (slam), 11 more (5 of which can be epic)

So at the very least, probably Cleave, Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Power Attack?
Some ideas

Dire Charge [epic], Great Cleave, Improved Critical (slam), Improved Initiative, Overwhelming Critical (slam), Superior Initiative [epic], Weapon Focus (slam)

Awtawmatawn has 44 less skill ranks than a cornugon. We could drop the 18 ranks in Hide, as it really doesn't need them. That leaves 26 more to shave off. We could take 7 ranks off Climb to account for the Str bonus differential, leaving 19 ranks to remove. I'd suggest dropping the 16 ranks in Move Silently, and shave 1 rank each off Listen, Search, and Spot.

Thoughts?
I like

Regards
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
Comparing to other golems...

It's quite a bit more powerful than the CR 21 mithral golem.

It's not quite as powerful as the CR 25 adamantine golem.

I'd peg it at CR 23.

For weight, the also-30-foot-tall adamantine golem An weighs around 32,000 pounds. So maybe 30,000 lbs.? I'd imagine stone weighs less than adamantine.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Great! Let's do this one next...

Aeraldoth, Vizier to the Caliph of the Djinn
FREQUENCY: Unique out of six
NO. APPEARING: 1
ARMOR CLASS: -4
MOVE: 24"/24"
HIT DICE: 88 hit points
% IN LAIR: 80%
TREASURE TYPE: H
NO. ATTACKS: 2
DAMAGE/ATTACKS: 2-24/2-24
SPECIAL ATTACKS: See Below
SPECIAL DEFENSES: See below
INTELLIGENCE: Supra-genius
ALIGNMENT: Neutral
SIZE: L
PSIONIC ABILITY: 90
MAGIC RESISTANCE: 40%
Attack/Defense Modes: A,B,D/H,I,J

There are six Viziers to the Caliph of the Djinn, all of whom naturally inhabit the Elemental Plane of Air. The Viziers try to maintain the harmonious balance of the universe, and do not intervene in mortal affairs unless evil forces threaten to seriously disrupt the balance. All viziers are djinn nobles.
These creatures may use the following spells at will as 25th level magic users: pass without trace, predict weather, call lightning, protection from fire, control temperature (unlimited radius), dispel magic, control winds, weather summoning, control weather, and finger of death. They may travel at will among the planes known to the Djinn.
A Djinni Vizier can grant three wishes per day but seldom does because of the possibility that they could be used to disrupt the
universal balance.

Check here and here to see what we did with his efeeti counterpart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads