• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Converting monsters from Mayfair Games Role Aids product line

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Doesn't it say that a droid operating on reserve energy can work at standard ratios including 1 round normal power = 2 rounds low power? So a droid even on emergency power can use up 4 rounds of its emergency power for 1 round of action at normal power. That's how I read it.

Cleon

Legend
Doesn't it say that a droid operating on reserve energy can work at standard ratios including 1 round normal power = 2 rounds low power? So a droid even on emergency power can use up 4 rounds of its emergency power for 1 round of action at normal power. That's how I read it.

No, that's not what I meant. Let's try rephrasing it...

Vulnerability to Power Failure: A droid runs off some kind of power supply, and if it loses power it becomes helpless and unconscious until its power is restored. Most droids have internal batteries that allow them to operate independently for a certain period of time. A standard droid can run on normal power for 10 days before its batteries start to flag; it then has energy reserves to continue for 5 days on low power followed by 5 days on emergency power, after which it is forced into shutdown.
A droid operating on low power acts as if it was fatigued, a droid on emergency power acts as if it were exhausted. A droid can switch its own power off using emergency shutdown, becoming helpless and unconscious until it is reactivated (either by an internal timer or another creature flipping the droid's "on" switch). A droid can also operate on standby power, it can observe its surroundings and cogitate but cannot move (treat as if the droid were paralyzed).
A droid can run at a lower power regime than its battery power dictates, thereby extending the duration of its operation. Switching power regimes is a move action. For example, a droid reduced to low energy reserves is unable to operate at normal power but can operate at low power, emergency power or standby power. One round of normal power is equal to two rounds of low power, four rounds of emergency power or 20 rounds of standby power. The power ratios are the same for droids operating on reserve power, so 1 round of low power equals 2 rounds of emergency power and 5 rounds of standby power.

Is that clearer?

Cleon

Legend
Yeah, there are still a few kinks getting worked out.

Odd, I'd indented the paragraphs but the indentations have disappeared. Better try again...

...Hmm, it seems Enworld don't like indentations in a bulleted list. I'd have to stick in another character like a dash to make it work. Oh well.

What's next? Skills and feats?

Yeah, I believe we're done with the Special Abilities.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
The laser already has a circumstance bonus (which maybe should be racial because it is due to built-in sensors), so Weapon Focus seems like a waste. What about Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot?

Cleon

Legend
The laser already has a circumstance bonus (which maybe should be racial because it is due to built-in sensors), so Weapon Focus seems like a waste. What about Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot?

Hmm, I like them both - if it's a guardian it may be required to pick off intruders who in melee without harming what/who it's supposed to defend, which fits Precise Short.

Although the Listen & Spot bonus from Alertness is also appropriate for a sentinel...

Perhaps we should give it a racial bonus to those skills instead and add PBS and PS as feats?

Don't much mind changing the laser attack bonus to racial if Nookie has no objections.

Remove ads