Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortis

First Post
BOZ said:
does simply touching silver harm a lycanthrope, or does it come from a wound inflicted by silver?
It used to - at least in BD&D :) - but there's no mention of it in the SRD.

I was thinking that a brief swipe with a claw etc would be okay but a bite (or any other attack that uses a sensitive part of the body - such as Swallow Whole) would take damage, as would the continuous contact needed for a grapple.

Regards,
Mortis

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hi all,

Just checking in on this thread. Great work on the phanaton, chevall, and actaeon!

I'd like to add the Darkwing, Gyerian, Hutaakan, Kna, Lupin, Mek, Pegataur, Shark-kin, and Wyrd (all from the Mystara MC) to the queue.

KF72

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Mortis: Thanks!

Filby: Lupins were in Dragon's "Winning Races" series, but weren't statted out. I think though, that they're going to be in the Dragon Compendium, which was supposed to come out today. I'm not happy about the delay ....

Mortis

First Post
Effects of Silver on BD&D Lycanthropes

BOZ,

This is going a little off the topic, but this is what PC4 Night Howlers has to say about the effects of silver on lycanthropes.

PC4 said:
Silver
Silver reacts with the virus in a werecreature's blood, causing a rapid and dangerous rise in temperature.
The effects of silver in a wound are instantaneous. Even a thin coating of silver on a normal blade can do damage, but the silver must be nearly pure (sterling silver, high-quality silver jewelry, or unadulterated silver coins). The DM determines the purity of any silver - silver alloys may do only half-damage.
The mere touch of silver on unbroken skin hurts werecreatures as well. Any werecreature in contact with silver for a full turn (10 minutes) must make a saving throw vs. poison or break out in an ugly, painful rash (use the were-form's saving throws). This rash, accompanied by a fever, lasts 1d4 days for each turn the werecreature was in contact with the silver. All ability and skill checks, combat rolls, and saving throws are at -2 while the rash remains. Even if the saving throw is successful, the silver feels white-hot against the werecreature's skin.
Gloves and other clothing protect werecreatures from silver poisoning. The allergy cannot be cured without curing the lycanthropy as well.
Optional Rule: At 15th level, the effects of the rash are reduced to -1. At 25th level the rash is painful and irritating, but can be ignored with a successful Constitution check.

Even if we don't use my silver armor idea for standard campaigns, I think I'll use it for my Mystara campaigns. :)

Regards,
Mortis

Last edited:

Mortis

First Post
Back to the Silver Warrior :D

Skills: Hide +7, Jump +8, Listen +10, Move Silently +7, Sense Motive +10, Spot +10

Regards,
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'd ditch Hide and Move Silently, as the armor check penalty from its plate mail (-6) will essentially nullify them. If we make it masterwork (which I think we should), it will be only -5.

BOZ - Also note that max Dex to AC will be +1, regardless of what score we give it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads