• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
assuming that:
some preliminary stats for the silver warrior:

Silver Warrior
Medium Fey
Hit Dice: 7d6+X (X hp)
Initiative: +X
Speed: 30 ft (6 squares)
Armor Class: X (+X Dex, +X natural, +8 full plate), touch X, flat-footed X
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+X
Attack: +1 longsword +X melee (1d8+X/19-20)
Full Attack: +1 longsword +X melee (1d8+X/19-20)
Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities: greater invisibility, low-light vision
Saves: Fort +X, Ref +X, Will +X
Abilities: Str X, Dex X, Con X, Int 10, Wis X, Cha X
Skills: 60
Feats: 3 (Improved Initiative?)

Environment: The Shining Isles
Organization: 1d6
Challenge Rating: X
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually neutral
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +X

A silver warrior is about the same size and build as an elf.

COMBAT

Originally found in module O2 ? Blade of Vengeance (1984, Jim Bambra), AC9 - Creature Catalogue (1986), and DMR2 - Creature Catalog (1993).

Mortis

First Post
BOZ said:
i figure they should probably be the same as a faedorne, Fey (extraplanar).
I'll agree on that. :D I checked the Rules Cylopedia and DMR2 Creature Catalog, and the faedorne and the Silver Warrior are the only two 'Enchanted Humanoids' in the two books.

Oh, and the BD&D term for Construct is... Construct. :) Although in the RC they are all given the Enchanted subtype, but in DMR2 none of them are given it. Go figure. ;)

Regards,
Mortis

Mortis

First Post
Feats: Improved Initiative, Power Attack?, Weapon Focus (Longsword)?

Do we want to give them a 'See Invisibility' ability? Mainly so that they where each other is.

Regards,
Mortis

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
Add the Extraplanar subtype like the faedorne.

I agree with the stats and feats Mortis presented, and think see invis is a good idea.

It looks like their armor and weapons were made of silver as well. So we're looking at the -1 penalty on damage again (but it does help against lycanthropes and devils ;) ). Alchemical silver does not appear to have any impact on armor. Magic of Faerun says silver armor (different from the alchemical silver found in DMG) grants electricity resistance 2.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
I'd go with the DMG, for simplicity's sake. If there is no penalty, we will assign no penalty. ;) if there is a penalty, we can make it magic armor. :)

Mortis

First Post
How about something along the lines of:

Silver Armor - A creature, that has Damage Redustion X/silver (such as a lycanthrope), which uses a natural weapon against the wearer of the Silver Armor and hits the target must make a Fortitude save DC X or take X points of damage.

It could also give a bonus vs being grappled by such a creature. ;)

Regards,
Mortis

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
does simply touching silver harm a lycanthrope, or does it come from a wound inflicted by silver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads