Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
that queue is getting long. ;)

Mortis said:
On a related issue, should we mention the benefits the summoned Silver Warriors get from faedorne's Augment Summoning ability in the Combat section?

sounds good!

posting what i have so far in homebrews...

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
that queue is getting long. ;)

I know! Seeing that this is the only thread that gets consistent requests other than the Overhaul and Epic threads, perhaps we need to break it up into smaller categories, such as OD&D, 2E Mystara, Mystara modules, etc.?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Speed should be 20 ft. (full plate), base 30 ft.

Speak Elven and Sylvan?

I'd suggest either wielding the longsword two-handed, granting Str and a half to damage, or give 'em a silver shield.

The three feats listed work for me.

Nat armor should be low...probably +1 to +3. If our target AC is 19, we can ditch it altogether.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
I know! Seeing that this is the only thread that gets consistent requests other than the Overhaul and Epic threads, perhaps we need to break it up into smaller categories, such as OD&D, 2E Mystara, Mystara modules, etc.?

i'll have to think about that... there is significant overlap between those categories.

Shade

Monster Junkie
See Invisibility (Su): This ability functions like the see invisibility spell (caster level Xth), except that it is continuously active.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
Speed should be 20 ft. (full plate), base 30 ft.

that's going to seriously hamper its Jump check.

Shade said:
I'd suggest either wielding the longsword two-handed, granting Str and a half to damage, or give 'em a silver shield.

can it wield a longsword two-handed??

Shade said:
Nat armor should be low...probably +1 to +3. If our target AC is 19, we can ditch it altogether.

i'll skip the natural armor. the AC line said "2 (-2)" so maybe AC 18, and an extra +4 for being invisible based on what the old text says.

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
that's going to seriously hamper its Jump check.

Indeed. But does it really need to Jump that much? ;)

BOZ said:
can it wield a longsword two-handed??

Yep. It just can't get 2-for-1 Power Attack.

BOZ said:
i'll skip the natural armor. the AC line said "2 (-2)" so maybe AC 18, and an extra +4 for being invisible based on what the old text says.

Sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads