Planescape Converting Planescape monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
OK… not really sure at all where we left off with this guy. It does appear though, that we had finished with his combat abilities (and, by god, with all he has I would hope so!) while researching psionic powers for You Know What ( ;) ) I came across the Empathy psionic power in the old 1E DMG – which is probably similar to what was used in the PS version of the t’uen-rin. Not that this is likely to change what we’ve been doing with him, unless you want to change it to a psionic power or something. :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Nah, I don't see the need to mess with him now. I suppose we could add a footnote mentioning "if you're using the XPH", if you are so inclined.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
no, i don't want to bother with that. ;) give me a bit to come up with some flavor text...

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
This majestic creature resembles a stag, covered in fine, scintillating scales of impossible shades of color. It has a thick mane and tail of darker gold color, and beautiful violet eyes. A pinkish-ivory horn grows from the middle of its forehead, and its hooves are the same color. It’s face is wise and beautiful.

T’uen-rin are noble creatures related to the ki-rin that roam the skies above the peaceful plains of Arcadia, motivated purely by the pursuit of good. These creatures normally have little to do with the mortal world, but occasionally travel to the Material plane on a mission of extreme importance for a powerful entity of good. They do not even normally deal with their “lesser” kin the ki-rin, and concentrate most of their energy battling evil on the Outer Planes.

T’uen-rin dwell among the clouds in Arcadia, and have an attitude as lofty as their homes. Mortals often consider them to be the strongest embodiment of good in the multiverse, and the t’uen-rin are aware of this fact. T’uen-rin are usually female, and no male t’uen-rin are known to exist. It is said that flowers spring up where their hooves touch the earth – though they may go centuries without setting foot on the ground.

COMBAT
Like ki-rin, t’uen-rin are peaceable creatures, said to be among the most noble and virtuous creatures in the multiverse. They avoid combat except with the most evil of creatures, which they attack fearlessly whenever encountered. T’uen-rin enjoy dealing with opponents such as greater demons and devils in a direct, physical approach rather than with magical abilities.

If attacked, a t’uen-rin often deals nonlethal damage to foes, abandoning unconscious opponents to their fates. A t’uen-rin never attacks awed opponents unless they are of great evil and need to be destroyed.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Ah yes; skills!

Skills: 133 - Concentration, Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (the planes), Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot
(also maybe, Bluff, Decipher Script, Handle Animal, Jump, Knowledge (nature, religion), Search, Survival, Swim)

Jump has a +12 speed bonus

Shade

Monster Junkie
Ki-rin has max ranks in Concentration, Knowledge (arcana), Listen, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, and Spot, so I suggest we do the same for this critter.

So I suggest: Concentration 19, Knowledge (arcana) 19, Knowledge (the planes) 19, Listen 19, Sense Motive 19, Spellcraft 19, Spot 19

It'll get synergy bonuses to cover Diplomacy.

If you want more variety, shave 2 off the top of 'em and divide the remaining ranks between Bluff, Decipher Script, Handle Animal, Heal, Jump, Knowledge (nature, religion), Move Silently, Search, Survival, and Swim as you see fit.

Hide has a -8 penalty, Jump has a +12 speed bonus.

Shade

Monster Junkie
He sure is. ;)

Add "+8 following tracks" to Survival skill for Search synergy.

Are we missing anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads