Iguanodon
Huge Animal
Hit Dice: 12D8+78 (132 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), swim 30 ft.
Armor Class: 15 (-2 size, +7 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+26
Attack: Thumb spike +16 melee (1d8+9)
Full Attack: 2 thumb spikes +16 melee (1d8+9)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Trample 2d8+13
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +16, Ref +8, Will +5
Abilities: Str 28, Dex 10, Con 23, Int 1, Wis 12, Cha 7
Skills: Hide -6*, Listen +12, Spot +8, Swim +11
Feats: Alertness, Great Fortitude, Skill Focus (Listen), Toughness (2)
Environment: Warm forest and marsh
Organization: Solitary or herd (5-8)
Challenge Rating: 7
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always nuetral
Advancement: 13-24 HD (Huge); 25-36 HD (Gargantuan)

You see a squat, massive herbivore with broad, earthen stripes . It seems equally comfortable loping on two legs or foraging on all four. A wicked spike projects from the side of each paw.

Iguanodons are adaptable and highly successful dinosaurs that grow roughly 30 ft. long and weigh five or six tons. They stoop low or crawl to browse on ferns and other low-growing plants, but otherwise walk on thier hind limbs. With the few changes noted below, iguanodon stats can also be used to represent duckbill dinosaurs.

Combat:
Iguanodons are generally peaceful herd animals, but are best kept at a distance owing to the readiness with which they defend themselves against perceived threats. An iguanodon uses its "thumb spikes" (which are not actually digits at all) to jab at the head and neck of an opponent. If you use iguanodon stats to represent a duckbill dinosaur, omit these thumb spike attacks. A duckbill has only one attack; a slam for 1d8+13. Duckbills would rather flee into nearby water from any threat, attempting a panicked slam or trample only if denied this escape.

Trample (Ex): Reflex half DC 25. The save DC is Strength-based.

Skills:
*Iguanodons have a +8 racial Hide bonus amongst dense foliage, while duckbills receive a similar bonus in water.

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
wippit, instead of that could you please find your thread and bump it up? thanks.

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
Comments on the Iguanadons, drop the scent, and trample, change tumb spikes to claw attacks (well they are claws...) and give it rend.

Just a suggestion, ignore it or embrace it as you see fit.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
demiurge1138 said:
So, Boz, just asking, but when are you going to start posting the dinosaurs I sent you?

Demiurge out.

ahhh, when i stop being lazy. how about now. ;)

since i want to get all the ones from X1 out of the way, might as well go through that list alphabetically, starting with Allosaurus. i don't know if demiurge did a conversion of that one or not, but if anyone knows of a conversion they can point me to, that would be grrrreat!

First of all, the OD&D stats from X1 Isle of Dread:

Allosaurus
Armor Class: 5
Hit Dice: 13
Move: 150’ (50’)
Attacks: 1 bite
Damage: 4-24
No. Appearing: 0 (1-4)
Save As: Fighter: 7
Morale: 9
Treasure Type: V
Alignment: Neutral
An allosaurus is a huge carnivorous dinosaur which runs upright on its large hind legs. It stands almost 15' tall, and weighs several tons. The allosaur's attack is to bite with its large jaws, which are filled with dagger-like teeth. Allosaurs hunt most often in lowland hills and plains.

i found a 1E version of it in Dragon Mag #55 ("Dinosaurs: New Theories For Old Monsters," November 1981, Lawrence Schick):

Allosaurus
FREQUENCY: Uncommon
NO. APPEARING: 1
ARMOR CLASS: 5
MOVE: 15”
HIT DICE: 12
NO. OF ATTACKS: 3
DAMAGE/ATTACK:1-6/1-6/3-24
SIZE: L (30’ long)

Though it weighs several tons, allosaurus is easily one of the quickest and most agile of the large carnosaurs. Its forelimbs are strong compared to those of the tyrannosaurs, and are useful for helping to hold and tear its prey. However, allosaurus’ long teeth are its primary armament. When on the move, an allosaur’s tooth-filled head is held about 10 feet above the ground.
Allosaurus is one of a group of species called megalosaurs, a family that includes carnosaurs like megalosaurus (naturally) and ceratosaurus. These creatures are all similar to allosaurus, though slightly smaller. (Megalosaurus is about 10 HD, ceratosaurus about 8.)

And, to make things even more confusing, a set of 2E stats for the allosaurus (aka antrodemus) from MC3 (its stats reprinted in MCA2 are below):

CLIMATE/TERRAIN: Any land
FREQUENCY: Uncommon
ORGANIZATION: Solitary
ACTIVITY CYCLE: Day
DIET: Carnivore
INTELLIGENCE: Non- (0)
TREASURE: Nil
ALIGNMENT: Neutral

NO. APPEARING: 1-2
ARMOR CLASS: 5
MOVEMENT: 15
HIT DICE: 15
THAC0: 8
NO. OF ATTACKS: 3
DAMAGE/ATTACK: 1d4/1d4/6d4
SPECIAL ATTACKS: Nil
SPECIAL DEFENSES: Nil
MAGIC RESISTANCE: Nil
SIZE: G (40’ long)
MORALE: Steady (12)
XP VALUE: 9,000

One of the most vicious predators, this monster can run across hard ground at great speed. In size, the allosaurus is between its two relatives, the smaller megalosaurus and the larger tyrannosaurus rex. It weigh about 1 ½ tons.
The allosaurus has a massive skull, formed of bony plates that give it strength. The design of these plates is such that the head is still light enough to snap quickly at prey.
Besides feeding on the occasional brontosaurus and diplodocus, this “flesh lizard” is known to eat carrion.
Few other creatures are foolish enough to fight the allosaurus for a share of its meal.

OK. So, I guess we’ll just have to go with whatever stats are the best, or most accurate to current scientific theory, and mix and match as needed.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
The allosaurus is in MM2. That's not a very good conversion, IMO (they don't need trample, should have had more HD then 10).

Demiurge out.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
doi! why didn't someone warn me first. oh yeah, cuz i didn't ask. :)

how about the brontosaurus burger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases