Converting prehistoric creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basing Lycaenops off of demiurge's Lycaesaurus...

I'd put the Str and Dex scores at 13 at least. Since it's going to be Small, if we want to keep its Trip-related abilities, I'd also give it a racial bonus to its Trip modifier, since IIRC Trip uses the same size modifier as grapple checks. I might also suggest taking off 1 hit die (retaining Track as a bonus feat).

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
For something Small, I'd start with dinocanisaurus. Not sure I'd want to keep the Small one trip-intensive, but there's no real evidence for the swarmfighting thing either.

What now? Do we want to work on Lycaenops or Arctognathus? If we were to work on Arctognathus, the Medium one, we could base it off Lycaesaurus and not have to make too many changes (I like the trip abilities).

Agreed.
We should bump it up a Hit Die. I'm thinking it should be bear-like (heck, Arctognathus means bear jaw in Greek), so let's look at the black bear for an idea of the ability scores.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Good thinking on making it less wolf-y, more black bear. I still think we should go tripping/rend fallen rather than grappling, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads