• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Psionic Creatures

Shade

Monster Junkie
Wild Magic (Su): Once per day, a wingless wonder can create a wild magic effect as a standard action. This functions exactly like a rod of wonder, except effects originate from tne wingless wonder and all saving throws have a DC of X. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Cleon

Legend
Wild Magic (Su): Once per day, a wingless wonder can create a wild magic effect as a standard action. This functions exactly like a rod of wonder, except effects originate from tne wingless wonder and all saving throws have a DC of X. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Looks fine to me!

Care to add it to the Working Draft?

Oh, didn't we decide to give it Improved Grab with its tentacles with "automatic bite damage" like the SRD Octopus or Squid?

Also, I don't think it should have a bite as a standard attack, although I don't mind it in Full Attack.

e.g.:

Attack: Tentacle +1 melee (1)
Full Attack: 9 tentacles +1 melee (1) and bite -4 melee (xdx)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
It would be a good time for an update. ;)

And I agree with Cleon on the auto-bite and bite as secondary attacks only.

Cleon

Legend
The original monster bite damage seems to be 2d4. Sound ok to you two?

The Secrets of the Magister version has a 4d4 bite, but the others have a 2d4 bite. So, that suggests either 1d8 or 2d4 for the "low-powered" version of the Wonder, and 2d6 for the "Greater Wonder".

Shade

Monster Junkie
The Secrets of the Magister version has a 4d4 bite, but the others have a 2d4 bite. So, that suggests either 1d8 or 2d4 for the "low-powered" version of the Wonder, and 2d6 for the "Greater Wonder".

Which version are we currently working on again? :confused:

Cleon

Legend
Which version are we currently working on again? :confused:

The regular version. It has ten tentacles, a rod of wonder power and a 90% magic resistance. Its bite does 2d4 damage.

The other version has eight tentacles, a 44% magic resistance and a 4d4 damage bite. It lacks the "wonderblast" but has a death throes ability that does 8d4 force damage to all attackers within 120 feet. Oh, and it doesn't have a Swim speed.

You know, it's debatable if either of those is "lesser" than the other. Which of those is the "Lesser".

Oh, and the rod of wonder version is Chaotic Neutral, while the other is just neutral.

Maybe we should call the former a "Wingless Wonder" and the other a "Walking Egg", and note that they're both called an "Alkada"? They are similar in appearance, so it may be people often mistake an "Egg" for a "Wonder" or vica versa.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Seems like a reasonable suggestion.

Back to the bite: 2d4 hp for the "Wingless Wonder" and perhaps 2d6 or 4d4 for the "Walking Egg" (there's a bit of difference in the average of 2d6 vs 4d4! I'd be inclined to stick with the higher damage or else boost Str a bit)?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads